Dental Implant- an Affordable and Permanent Way to Replace a Missing Tooth
- Author Jack Koos
- Published May 28, 2009
- Word count 461
Dental implants have revolutionized dentistry, making it possible to replace a single tooth or all teeth. Implants are inserted into the jawbone and are made of titanium (this metal does well in the body and rarely causes any reaction in patients).Dental implants provide greater structural support and last longer than either dental bridges or dentures. They serve as the artificial root to which new teeth are bonded.
Types of Dental Implants
Root implant :-In implant dentistry, this is the most popular form of dental implant. This type of dental implant is very effective and mirrors the size and shape of a patient's natural tooth. Once the dentist applies the local anesthesia, he or she makes an incision in the gum in order to gain access to the jawbone. The bone is then prepared, and the dental implant is inserted into the jawbone with care and precision. Finally, the dentist stitches the gum's and, if necessary, prescribes an appropriate medication.
During the Osseo integration step, which lasts anywhere from three to eight months, the jawbone firmly attaches itself to the dental implant. Once Osseo integration is complete the dental implant is fitted with the new tooth.
Plate form implant :-Another form of implant dentistry is the Plate form implant. This dental implant is ideal in situations where the jawbone is not wide enough to properly support a root implant. The plate form dental implant is long and thin, unlike the root implant, and anchors into thin jawbones. The insertion process is the same as for a root implant, but in certain cases, plate dental implants are immediately fitted with the restoration without waiting for the Osseo integration period.
Subperiosteal implant :- This dental implant method is utilized when the jawbone has receded to the point where it no longer supports a permanent implant. These implants are placed on top of the bone and embedded in the gum's, but not in the jawbone as with the other types of dental implants. The dentist applies a local anesthesia, and makes a mold of the mouth and jawbone. From this impression, a dental lab constructs implants to custom fit the patient's jaw. The dentist exposes the jawbone and inserts the dental implant on top of it. Over the next month the gums grow up and around the implant. This same type of implant can sometimes be performed in a single procedure with the use of an initial CAT scan of the gum line and jawbone.
Although patients should always practice proper dental hygiene, this is especially true once a dental implant has been put into place. When teeth and gum's are not properly cleaned, bacteria can attack sensitive areas, causing the gum's to swell and the jawbone to gradually recede.
The author provides complete information on dental implants Chicago, missing teeth treatment and implant dentist Chicago. He has been advising to the patients on dental implants, dental implant specialists, and the latest technology of the field. For more information visit - YourimplantSolutions.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
- The Importance of Skincare & the Benefits of Natural Skin Care Products
- Why do I have skin tags popping up?
- Are skin tags and stretch marks related?
- Are skin tags and rash related?
- What are the best essential oils for skin tags removal?
- Why You Should Be Careful With DIY Teeth Whitening Hacks
- Tips for transitioning to natural deodorants
- Best CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression: Top Brands of 2022
- Stars & Smiles: Hollywood’s Secrets to a Camera-Ready Grin
- 7 BEST SMELLING BODY LOTION THAT YOUR BODY WILL LOVE
- Hair Loss in Children: The Lasting Impression Treatment
- White Spots on Teeth: How to Improve Your Smile
- Massage Beauty
- Laser Hair Removal
- Vacuum therapy for breast enlargement
- Introducing Palm & Pine Skincare - Protection Without Pollution
- Squalan in the beauty industry is becoming increasingly popular
- Easy Way For Weight-Loss
- Best men’s colognes
- How to use Gua Sha and find the stone best suited to you?
- 4 Hacks To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
- 5 Benefits of Roller Massager for Face
- HOW TO GET KOREAN GLASS SKIN AT HOME
- Essential Hair and Makeup Tips
- Revive your Look with Eyes Specific Treatments
- How to Keep Your Head Cool When Wearing Wigs in the Hot Summer Months
- Beauty & Makeup Ideas for Brides
- Uses Of Dermal Fillers
- “NARCOTIC LOVER”, New Parfum Fragrance enters 50 B Dollar Annual Fragrance Industry
- "Frotox" Replacing Botox As Amerca's Go Anti-Aging Solution