The Advantages and Limitations of Using Aerial Billboards
- Author Michael Arnold
- Published March 5, 2010
- Word count 510
Like any advertising medium, aerial billboards have their own unique set of advantages and disadvantages. Comparatively speaking though, they’re more cost-effective compared to TV, radio, print and internet marketing exposures. According to studies, at least 88% of the audience is bound to notice and remember aerial billboards flying by. 79% of the crowd is most likely to remember what the product being advertised is, and 67% will even be able to quote the latter half of the slogan.
What’s the difference between aerial billboards and aerial banners?
Simply speaking, aerial billboards are 5000 square feet or less with an opaque background and/or the company’s slogan and details. An aerial banner, on the other hand, is just a simple strip of letters on a transparent background. While most people might prefer an aerial banner to an aerial billboard because of aesthetic reasons, an aerial billboard gives more space for information.
Pros and Cons
Aerial billboards, like aerial banners, can reach a number of people. On the one hand, by using aerial advertising in general, you can reach your target niche without spending for unnecessary advertising money. On the other hand, if your product is being offered to more than one state, you might be spending more with this kind of advertising medium.
Aerial advertising also has limited room for creativity. Television coverages can send the message through cinematic effects. There’s no room for a story to grow on aerial advertising, unless you send out a series of very strong slogans.
This limitation can also be seen as strength though, because you’re forced to pour all of your energies on a single brand-marked slogan. This is very inexpensive too, because you won’t have to worry about talent and editing fees anymore.
How to go about aerial advertising
The first thing you need to do if you’re planning on aerial advertising is to look for aerial advertising agencies. Most of them charge standard fees which mean you will probably not need to worry about surveying too many packages. Shopping for aerial advertising packages is relatively easier compared to shopping for insurance premiums. You can do the canvassing on your own.
Once you’ve chosen what agency to use, you should submit all the requirements two weeks ahead of your planned "air time". It’s best to plan your exposure during big events like festivals, concerts, and football matches. The reason why you have to book ahead is because flights, even within states, need to be scheduled carefully to avoid accidents. It takes 10 days to do this, and about 4 days to process the banner itself.
Planes can fly as low as 1000 feet above land and 500 feet above water. This is the reason why most advertisers also take advantage of summer holidays, when people gather in public beaches. If you can’t find affordable schedules during events, you can also choose to fly your banner over the city during rush hours. Your aerial billboard will be something for the consumers to look at while they’re stuck in traffic.
Located in New York, Arnold Aerial Advertising provides such services nationwide with affordable rates.
Michael Arnold is the Director of Arnold Aerial Advertising Inc. They conduct all forms of [Aerial
Advertising](http://www.arnoldaerial.com): NASCAR, Indy Car, Spring Break, Concerts, Conventions, Rush Hour Traffic, Football, Baseball, State Fairs, all Beaches,Parades, Cruise Lines, etc. and produce the custom banners as well.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?
- Beauty Packaging in Design