Crappie live bait :How To Make your Own Crappie Fishing Rigs!
- Author Mark Fleagle
- Published June 28, 2009
- Word count 632
Old School Crappie Fishing Family Secrets
Crappie Fishing With Live Bait
Fishing With Crappie Minnow Rigs
It is very important to offer your crappie live bait presentation in just the right way so as to make the crappie get excited about hitting minnow bait presentation. It is also just as important to hook your crappie minnow correctly. The Minnow needs to be hooked so it swims freely while attached to the hook. Remember, you are trying to imitate a wounded minnow so a crappie will think it is an easy meal. I want to address an excellent method of making a crappie minnow rig that is very successful. And don’t forget to read the last paragraph because I don’t want you to miss out on a rarely used crappie minnow jigging technique.
Making A Three Way Swivel Dual Crappie Minnow Rig
You can purchase these rigs commercially but if you want to save a few bucks here’s a step by step procedure to make your own.
Step#1 You will need to have some 8-20lb fire line. For comparison, the dia. of the 20lb test is the same as 6lb mono-filament line.
Step#2 Get yourself some 3 way swivels. The three way swivel allows the crappie minnow to swim freely in a 360deg motion.
Step#3 Get some 1/4oz egg or as they are commonly called "bass sinkers".
Step#4 Cut 2 pieces of fire line approximately 10" long, tie a crappie hook on one end of each line.
Step#5 Cut 2 pieces of fire line that are about 12" inches long.
Step#6 Release enough line from your reel so you have plenty of room to do your crappie live bait tackle tying. Tie your first three way swivel to the line.
Step#7 Tie one of crappie hook leaders you made in step 4 to the open eye on the 3 way swivel that is 90 degrees clockwise. There should be one open eyelet when you get done, that is pointing strait downward.
Step#8 Tie one of the 12" pieces of fire line to the open eyelet of the first 3 way swivel. Then tie the other end to your second three way swivel. Make sure after you tie both ends that you have approximately 6" between the bottom eyelet of the first three way swivel and the top of the second 3 way swivel.
Step#9 You now need to tie one of the 10" crappie hook leaders to the open eyelet that is 90degrees from the top eyelet of the three way swivel you just tied in step 8. If you do this correctly, there should be one open eyelet left, and it should be located directly below the top eyelet of three way swivel you just tied.
Step#10 Tie one of the 12" pieces of fire line to the open eyelet of the second 3 way swivel. Then tie the other end to your 1/4oz bass sinker. Make sure after you tie both ends that you have approximately 6" between the bottom eyelet of the second three way swivel and the 1/4oz. bass sinker.
Step#11Remember we want your crappie live bait rig to look like wounded crappie fishing minnows swimming around in circles, so to complete your setup you need to hook your minnows either in the back or front of the dorsal fin on both crappie hooks.
Here’s Your rarely used crappie jigging technique.
Look for a dead crappie minnow in your bucket or kill one and hook it to the left
or right gill. Next , you need to imitate a wounded or dying minnow so start jigging
the dead minnow up and down as you drop your line. This will cause the
minnow to flutter as if it were a dying or wounded minnow.
This Concludes my article about crappie live bait rigs please stay tuned for more
interesting articles about fishing.
Check out Mark's website to get some amazing fishing information and fishing articles loaded with fishing tips that really work! Also don't forget to get your free copy of "78 Fishing Discoveries Unleashed"At: http://www.oldfishinghole.comGet Your Free Fishing Tips About crappie fishing rigs Here!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Barnett Predator Crossbow Buying Guide
- What Kind of Headgear You Need for MMA
- Adventure sports in the mountains: hiking
- Commuting with an electric bike
- How To Select An Hoverboard For Kids
- UFC 248 beginning time, who is battling today around evening time at 'Adesanya versus Romero' in Las Vegas
- How To Duck Dive and Turtle Roll A Surfboard
- Lionel Messi Call's out Eric Abidal! Barcelona in Trouble?!
- England put gambles of top-seed place at Euro 2020 in danger after surprise defeat against the Czech Republic
- Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Things to Consider Before Investing in an Airsoft Gun
- Want to ace the fly fishing abilities for Trout?
- Some Key Facts Parents Should Consider Before Buying Airsoft Guns
- Golf Beginner Basics - Golf Equipment
- 4 vital factors to watch out for before buying an airsoft gun
- 7 Questions to be answered before you buy your First Airsoft Gun
- Golf: Too Analytical?
- How to Be an Imperfect Golfer
- Mental Game 4 Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
- 4 Best Ladder Tree Stand for 2019
- Steroids and Dietary Supplements: Are They Worth The Risk?
- Signs You Need a Break From Melbourne Racing Tips
- The Various Types Of Swim Caps
- Park City Ski Rentals
- Ski Rentals in Park City
- Top 4 Reasons to Play Daily Fantasy Sports
- How to Choose A Best Golf Rangefinder
- Interesting NBA Facts to Know Before Your Basketball Tour
- Giants' Saquon Barkley not practicing against Lions on Tuesday
- 3 Important Passing Rules: Basketball Training Melbourne Advice