The Different Types of Auto Tilt Umbrella
- Author Tonya Kerniva
- Published July 17, 2009
- Word count 510
In an age where everything is automated, from robotic vacuums to being able to order groceries online, it’s no wonder that patio furniture has evolved too. More subtle than in other areas of industry, an auto tilt umbrella is nonetheless a useful development that makes it easier to operate and enjoy the outdoors.
First, let’s start with the basic form of the auto tilt umbrella. The design is usually made from a simple aluminum pole with a crank mechanism that opens the umbrella to a desirable height. From there, if you keep cranking, the umbrella will proceed to tilt in usually two to three preset angle positions. These automated versions are easier to open than manual umbrellas, and so cause less strain on arms and backs. Also, by being able to tilt the umbrella, you can move the shade to where you need it, which is great for smaller spaces. The only thing that can go wrong with an auto tilt umbrella is that in some cases the crank or locking mechanism can fail, but that’s rare and usually caused by poor quality manufacturing.
Similar to the basic auto tilt umbrella is the collar tilt. The basic automated umbrella has been around a long time, but the collar feature popped up in the 1990s. To operate, you still crank the umbrella to open it, but rather than keep cranking, it stops when it’s fully open. From there, a specially designed ring or collar at the top is what tilts the umbrella. It can move into a number of positions and is preferred by some people for its smooth movements. It’s a nice umbrella for tables because it’s easier to reach up and twist the collar rather than crank or manually use a push button to re-angle. On the other hand, it’s more involved in process than the auto tilt umbrella. This is because the collar requires two separate manual movements as far as opening and tilting. Also, the collar tilt may not be as easy to operate for some as a crank motion. In addition, if the umbrella is not securely attached to the base then the entire thing might fall over when you turn the collar.
Finally, the most high-tech gadget is the shade-dial. This trademarked feature does one better than the auto tilt umbrella because it tilts a full 360 degrees. That way, you can enjoy around the clock shade from sunrise to sunset. It resembles the collar tilt in that there is the crank with another mechanism above. But rather than a collar, the second mechanism is the dial, which when turned will point the umbrella canopy in the sun’s direction. It’s much easier to turn a dial than either crank or twist the collar of the other models. However, like the collar tilt, the shade-dial comprises two manual motions, but neither is particularly difficult.
In conclusion, the three types of auto tilt umbrella are similar in look and operation. The differences lie in their price points and complexity.
There are no posted comments.
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Picture made with Text: A gift perfects for all situation
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance