Heritage Todd Creek Golf Course – A Premier Golf Facility on the Front Range
- Author John Avram
- Published August 28, 2009
- Word count 582
Heritage Todd Creek is a fantastic new golf course located near Brighton Colorado. The course originally opened in 2007, and is an Arthur Hills Signature Design course. Todd Creek is a links style course with few trees, large fairways, and huge rolling greens, with several holes playing over swaths of wetland and through native grasses. The course is the centerpiece for a master-planned active adult community, and houses are present on many holes, but are generally not close enough to the action to be overbearing or a nuisance.
The clubhouse is a gorgeous 32,000 square foot facility that also serves as a recreation center for the rest of the community, and includes a large meeting area and banquet hall for hosting special events. Inside, the Creekside restaurant offers regional cuisine, and you can appreciate some breathtaking views of the Front Range while you eat. While playing, complimentary lemonade and fresh fruit await to help you reenergize for the back nine. A superb driving range and large practice facility with putting and chipping greens round out the amenities at the course, range balls that are included with green fees is another nice touch.
The downhill par 5, 8th hole does not play as long as the 580 yards listed on the scorecard. A decent drive is required to reach the bottom of the hill, and to put you into position to go for the green in two. A generous landing area near the green provides the freedom of mind that allows you to swing freely on your approach shot. A bunker that protects the back right edge of the green is the only realistic problem that might come into play.
The 14th hole at 619 yards is a mammoth par five. Fortunately, there is plenty of space for your tee ball, as the hole shares a portion of its fairway with the 13th hole, which runs in the opposite direction. The hole traverses the edge of a large hill, and very long hitters may have the opportunity to reach the green in two by hitting a tremendous blind approach shot over the hill. The green is relatively small, and built up against the surrounding terrain. Pay special attention to where the pin is positioned, as you cannot see the surface of the green from your approach shot.
The tee ball on the par 3 17th hole requires expert shot-making to reach the green in regulation. The hole features a 175 yard carry over a large peninsula of water to a green that is angled away from the player. If you can hit it, a high draw is the ideal shot for landing the ball on the green. If not, then the best strategy is to take an extra club and power your tee ball over the hazard. Fortunately, there is a gentle collection area on the green’s back side to catch overly aggressive attempts, it is much better to be beyond the putting surface here than short.
Rates are $65 Friday through Sunday during peak season, Monday through Thursday the cost is $50, cart fees are included in the green fees. Tee Time reservations can be made up to seven days in advance by calling the golf shop at (303) 655-1779 or online via the Heritage Todd Creek website.
Getting to the course from anywhere in Denver is simple. Take I-25 north to exit 229, Highway 7. Head east on Highway 7 for about 6 miles to Yosemite St. and turn right. Proceed to Heritage Drive, turn right again and follow the signs to the clubhouse.
John Avram is a golf obsessed correspondent for Golf Frontier, a score tracking, game analysis and social networking website for golfers of all abilities. When he isn’t out playing golf, John enjoys talking about golf, golf courses and golf equipment, and he even likes watching golf on TV.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Barnett Predator Crossbow Buying Guide
- What Kind of Headgear You Need for MMA
- Adventure sports in the mountains: hiking
- Commuting with an electric bike
- How To Select An Hoverboard For Kids
- UFC 248 beginning time, who is battling today around evening time at 'Adesanya versus Romero' in Las Vegas
- How To Duck Dive and Turtle Roll A Surfboard
- Lionel Messi Call's out Eric Abidal! Barcelona in Trouble?!
- England put gambles of top-seed place at Euro 2020 in danger after surprise defeat against the Czech Republic
- Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Things to Consider Before Investing in an Airsoft Gun
- Want to ace the fly fishing abilities for Trout?
- Some Key Facts Parents Should Consider Before Buying Airsoft Guns
- Golf Beginner Basics - Golf Equipment
- 4 vital factors to watch out for before buying an airsoft gun
- 7 Questions to be answered before you buy your First Airsoft Gun
- Golf: Too Analytical?
- How to Be an Imperfect Golfer
- Mental Game 4 Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
- 4 Best Ladder Tree Stand for 2019
- Steroids and Dietary Supplements: Are They Worth The Risk?
- Signs You Need a Break From Melbourne Racing Tips
- The Various Types Of Swim Caps
- Park City Ski Rentals
- Ski Rentals in Park City
- Top 4 Reasons to Play Daily Fantasy Sports
- How to Choose A Best Golf Rangefinder
- Interesting NBA Facts to Know Before Your Basketball Tour
- Giants' Saquon Barkley not practicing against Lions on Tuesday
- 3 Important Passing Rules: Basketball Training Melbourne Advice