Television a companion for all
- Author Tom Lopez
- Published September 22, 2009
- Word count 536
We all love television. Imagine life without your favorite soap opera or say the news. Television is just not a medium for entertainment, but also enhances the knowledge of viewers with respect to education, culture, travel, weather, news, sports, agriculture, home shopping products and various other topics.
With Television forming an unavoidable part of day to day life, as each and every household mostly has a Television set, there is no doubt that people spend a lot of time watching television.
The television has come a long way from being black and white to the latest LCDs and Plasmas available these days and with new technology making them slimmer, lighter and with much better picture quality.
There are different types of Televisions.
Tube Televisions: The picture device is a cathode ray tube, which is a specialized vacuum tube. All science aside, CRTs come in all shapes and sizes up to about 40-inches. They feature a good picture from all angles, the best black level, and are significantly lower in price than other TVs. Despite their bulky and heavy build, tube televisions are long-lasting and acclaimed for retaining a good picture throughout its lifespan, which can be decades.
Digital Light: Digital Light Processing was invented in 1987 by Texas Instruments. It is named for its ability to process light digitally with the aid of an optical semiconductor called a Digital Micro mirror Device or DMD chip. The DMD chip is comprised of over one million mirrors.
LCD: Whether it's flat panel or rear projection, there are a ton of choices on the market for LCD or Liquid Crystal Display televisions. Flat panel displays are by far the most popular LCD television because of their thin, lightweight construction, which is convenient for people who want to use their LCD as a TV and computer monitor. LCDs are not susceptible to burn-in. LCDs with slow response times can show a ghosting effect, while other LCDs can have a screen door effect. This is why it is important to see the LCD monitor before buying to see if the screen meets your needs.
Plasma is the type of television most associated with high end home electronics. This is mainly because they get a lot of marketing that tells us plasma has the best picture money can buy. All plasma televisions come in a flat panel variety. Most are sized in the 40-49" range. They are competitively priced against LCD flat panel televisions, and feature a stunning picture that puts you in the middle of the action. Plasmas weigh more than LCD’s, but nothing additional supports couldn’t handle. They are susceptible to burn-in, but despite rumors to the contrary, the gases that power the picture can not be refilled. While they are too young to accurately measure, plasma televisions should last anywhere from 10-20 years.
LCD TVs and Plasmas are increasingly becoming a craze both in high class and middle class families. In fact with the constant advancement in technology and new models available with better picture quality and prices constantly falling one can hope to get a great on a older model.
For a whole range of LCD and flat screen Television sets, log on to electronics.homeshop18.com.
There are no posted comments.
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing
- Experiencing Luxury with a Comfortaire Mattress
- Why power banks are becoming the most important phone accessory
- Buying Tips For Aer backpack