- Author Monty Alexander
- Published December 18, 2009
- Word count 435
An air conditioner is a much coveted commodity in the regions where there is hot and humid atmosphere. Among all the air conditioner types, window air conditioners are very popular. To install these air conditioners, you need an opening or window in the wall. Also there should be open space behind the wall as the machinery of the air conditioner protrudes behind that opening. Window air conditioners can be used at any kind of spaces. You can use it anywhere like living room, study room, bedroom or others.
If you want to fit an air conditioner, you need to make a slot for it in the room which you want to cool. In addition to the slot in the room, it also needs at least two feet space in back side. When it runs it throws out hot air coming from condenser, hence there should be free space to circulate that hot air. In addition to heat, it dissipates waste water also. You also need to make some arrangement to direct that waste water.
Window AC is equipped with many components such as condenser, compressor, expansion coil or expansion valve and cooling coil. It also contains a motor having shafts on both sides. A blower is connected to one of the shafts, and it sucks hot air from the room. Thus air is blown over the cooling coil which cools and it send to the room. Other shaft has a fan connected to it which blows air over the Freon gas in the condenser.
If you have a room or the space to be cooled less than 100 sq. ft, a window air conditioner is the perfect choice for cooling it. A window air conditioner is cheapest of all the air conditioning systems. Again for a room less than 100 sq. ft., you can install a window air conditioner of about 0.8 ton is quite perfect.
A 1.5 ton window air conditioner is quite good for rooms of bigger sizes but less than 300 sq. ft. Other factor which also affects your selection as to capacity of the air conditioner is the number of people occupying the space. More is the number of people sharing the same space; more the cooling capacity is required. If your room is facing sun directly and also has other sources of heat inside the room, you need more of cooling capacity.
Earlier window AC used to have one problem. They used to make noise while running but this problem is solved because of the less noisy and more efficient compressors. Window ACs has become more stylish to fit the decor of your modern home.
There are no posted comments.
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing