Low Cholesterol Foods - Overview
- Author Emma Arsanti
- Published January 10, 2010
- Word count 606
Nowadays high level of cholesterol has often become a nightmare.
How to overcome the high levels of cholesterol? Many people choose drugs made from chemicals that are considered effective lowering of cholesterol. But of course, every drug that comes from certain chemicals have side effects. Another option for lowering cholesterol levels is a natural way.
There are some foods that can reduce levels of low-density Lipoproptein (LDL) or bad cholesterol that causes plaque in blood vessels, and increase High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) or good cholesterol that can be used to treat the body soluble vitamins in fat.
To reduce levels of LDL, you should reduce your intake of saturated fat. Saturated fats are usually found in animal products, such as high fat meat, processed meat (such as sausage, salami) full-cream milk, cream, butter, and cheese. There are also saturated fats derived from plant such as coconut, coconut oil, and vegetable fat.
But there are also many kinds of foods that contain unsaturated fats that can lower cholesterol effectively.
The Most Popular Low Cholesterol Foods
Here are some foods that can overcome the cholesterol problem:
Beans contain high soluble fiber. Consuming soluble fiber can reduce cholesterol. Eating beans, red beans, long beans regularly for six weeks can reduce cholesterol levels by 10%.
Soybeans or soybeans that have been processed into tofu, tempeh, soy milk. Soy flour contains isoflavones, which is a substance that can lower LDL levels.
The salmon is very good because it contains Omega-3 that can reduce LDL and increase HDL. Salmon good for heart health because they contain EPA and DHA.
Since thousands of years ago, many people believe that garlic contains many substances that are good for human health. The Ancient Egyptians used garlic to increase stamina. In modern times, garlic is used to lower cholesterol, prevents blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, and protects the body from infection.
The most recent findings, garlic can prevent cholesterol particles on blood vessel wall.
Spinach contains a lot of lutein. Lutein is an important substance that can maintain the health and sharpness of eye function. Lutein also was able to maintain heart health because it can prevent fat in the blood vessels attached. Advisable, to eat spinach every day about half a bowl for maximum results.
Several types of margarines can lower cholesterol levels. For example margarine from canola oil
•Cashew nuts, Almond, and Walnuts
Monounsaturated fat, in the cashews, almonds, and walnuts are low-fat food, good for heart health. Nuts also contain vitamin E, magnesium, and phytochemicals which is closely related to heart health. Unfortunately, like avocados, nuts are very high in protein. Do not consume too much so we get maximum benefits.
Tea contains antioxidants that can make blood vessels relax so that blood clots can be avoided. Antioxidants in tea, flavonoids, can prevent LDL oxidation that causes blood vessels piled on. Enjoying a glass of tea every day could meet the needs of antioxidants.
Chocolate was able to make our bodies become healthier. Chocolate mixed too much milk may contain too much fat, so choose dark chocolate. Chocolate contains many antioxidants and flavonoids because it can make us healthier.
Content of flavonoids in chocolate varies depending on where it grows and chocolate processing.
Cholesterol is not a bad thing and should be avoided. In a certain limit (let's call it under 200) cholesterol was included in the normal limits.
Uses of cholesterol in the body is to help maintain the integrity of the cell, and also functions in bile formation, steroid hormones, and vitamin D. Some say, if your cholesterol is too low, people become easily depressed.
I am Emma Arsanti. I am a blogger spesialized in healthy natural foods. Nowadays, people consume many kinds of foods but they didn't realize that foods maybe not good for the health. Healthyfoods are not expensive, especially if we compare with our health. Get the latest information about healthy foods on [http://healthyfoods-first.com](http://healthyfoods-first.com)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- FRESH SEAFOOD Our Fresh and Frozen Seafood will Delight You
- How to make the best pour over coffee
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser