Patient Education is Important in Cosmetic Dentistry Success
- Author Jayden Adams
- Published May 8, 2007
- Word count 461
There are a number of key points when considering cosmetic dentistry. Choosing a dentist with the skill that matches your dental needs can make the difference between success and a great disappointment. Beverly Hills cosmetic dentist, Dr. Kourosh Maddahi, has twenty years forging the high-tech path of dentistry.
First, you must consider your dentist’s credentials and what kind of continuing education they take. With the super-highway of high-tech dentistry at full speed, it’s very important they are able to take advantage of the newest tools for their patients. You can also verify their license via the internet.
The color chosen for your veneers, crowns, caps, bridge or implants must be either matched to your existing teeth or your teeth must be whitened to match your new teeth. Teeth are naturally polychromatic, and color variation is important in avoiding fake or artificial looking teeth. How the light plays on the teeth is affected by the internal contrast of colors that help create a very real and vital look to the teeth.
Surface texture is also very important, and helps to break up light reflections and make the veneers, crowns, caps, bridges or implants look more natural. You should check on the web to learn more about selecting the best shade of whiteness for your smile.
Dr. Maddahi stresses the importance of regular teeth cleaning and the function of teeth whitening. “Stains on teeth, discolorations and dullness can be caused by coffee, red wine, cigarettes, and even green tea. Also aging and chemicals can cause visual damage to your teeth. Tooth dullness or staining is an indication that whitening should be considered. Smokers and those who drink coffee and tea on a regular basis increase the discoloration process and may need cleaning and whitening more often.”
Missing teeth can be handled with several appliances these days. A common solution is to build a bridge between two teeth. Also, implants are now commonly used for this. Check with your dentist for the newest solutions available to you. Jagged teeth can be reshaped (contouring) and often can be done with no anesthesia. If a tooth is slightly decayed or chipped, then a composite resin that matches the tooth may be bonded onto the area. Bonding may also be used to cover the entire outside of a tooth to change the color and shape or to close spaces between teeth.
“Understanding your choices in dentistry is important for a patient.”, says Dr. Maddahi. “I try to spend as much time as needed with my patients discussing options before moving forward with a plan.”
Dr. Kourosh Maddahi, has been specializing in creating beautiful, natural smiles for 20 years and is located in Beverly Hills at 436 N. Roxbury Drive, Suite 202 and can be reached at 310-888-7797.
For more information on this article, go to:
Article written by Jean Ritter Dale
Published by Jayden Adams International NewswireArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman
- What to Look for in a Spa
- Does Acupuncture Really Work?
- What Should You Look For In Microblading Training Instructors
- Microblading Training: How Long Does It Take
- How To Avoid Microblading Training Scams