Adventure Mountain: Find New Thrills at Dollywood this Summer
- Author Jim Watson
- Published April 24, 2010
- Word count 507
By Jim Watson
If you've never been to Dollywood, now is the time to pack up the family and head to East Tennessee and Dollywood's newest attraction, Adventure Mountain.
Since 1986 Dollywood has thrilled visitors of all ages with rides, shows, and shopping. This year, in celebration of the park's 25th anniversary, Dollywood is opening Adventure Mountain, America's largest challenge course. Families can experience the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains while enjoying this exciting obstacle course which features something for all ages and skill levels.
Adventure for Everyone
The littlest adventurers will love having their very own course designed just for them. Children as young as two will feel a big-kid sense of accomplishment as they work their way through these pint-sized obstacles. Parents can relax knowing their little ones are safe on the ground level of Camp Teachittoomee.
For the older kids, Adventure Mountain has three courses ranging from easy to difficult. They'll spend as much as an hour climbing ropes, swinging from hanging beams, trekking across a suspension bridge, and more. Each course offers its own unique challenges, so teens will never be bored and the younger ones will never be frustrated.
The beginner course, Geyser Gorge, challenges hikers to blaze a trail through a geyser strewn field. Next up is Black Bear Cliff, a narrow rock ledge that only the bravest of souls will dare take on. For the truly adventurous, Rocky Top Trail offers rope bridges that will make your blood run cold – but the view from the top is well worth the fright. Are you courageous enough to go all the way?
With more than 100 obstacles, Adventure Mountain will be a hit with youngsters from two to 82. Course highlights such as suspension bridges, flying islands, and a tire traverse will keep kids and adults entertained for hours. Start out on the easy course and work your way up to the most difficult, or head right for Rocky Top Trail if you're feeling fearless.
Adventure Mountain is a thrill for all ages. In order to ensure your safety, Dollywood asks that you dress appropriately. That means no open-toed shoes and no slides. Tennis shoes are a good choice. Kids should be at least 42 inches tall, and must be accompanied by someone 16 years of age or older.
Other Great Attractions
Dollywood offers more than just obstacle course adventures. You'll also find relaxation among the flora and fauna of the Great Smoky Mountains when you take a ride on the Dollywood Express. If water is more your style, the Smoky Mountain River Rampage recreates a whitewater rafting trip in the comfort of the park. For a more breathtaking thrill ride, be sure to check out Mystery Mine, where there may - or may not - be a light at the end of the tunnel.
No matter what level of adventure you seek, Dollywood has just what you're looking for. With entertainment that runs the gamut from roller coasters to musical extravaganzas to the new Adventure Mountain, Dollywood is truly a family fun park.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering cabin rentals in Gatlinburg. Vacation rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2010, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking