Working by yourself
- Author Larry Reid
- Published May 17, 2010
- Word count 328
There are many times in a person’s life when they will consider working for themselves rather than for an employer. There are a multitude of reasons for this such as redundancy, seeking a little more freedom in your working life or maybe you just don’t like answering to someone else. Deciding which jobs you do and when you work sounds like a dream for many of us but can become a reality.
Making the decision to work for yourself is a huge step and will require much consideration before quitting work. There are several possibilities for anyone who doesn’t want to be an employee. One option is to be a sole trader with responsibility for keeping your own accounts and records. If you decide to be a sole trader, registering with HM Revenue & Customs is required within three months of starting your business. You will complete a tax return each year which will result in a tax bill for your liability each year.
Some people decide to form a limited company, which has many advantages such as not being liable for any debts incurred by the business. A private limited company is responsible for its own finances and the shareholders’ personal finances will never be taken into consideration if anything should go wrong. However, many people are put off this option as they are overwhelmed with all the information.
An umbrella company enables you to contract out your services and will deduct the correct amount of tax and national insurance from your earnings. There are expenses which are approved by the HMRC and these are deducted by the umbrella company. This system allows you to take home the maximum amount possible without being self employed.
Here at Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd we can help you to maximise your take home pay by offering three different services. You can be assured that we will advise you how to achieve maximum pay whilst staying within HMRC legislation.
The Article is written by churchill-knight.co.uk providing umbrella company and Limited Companies Services. Visit http://www.churchill-knight.co.uk for more information on churchill-knight.co.uk Products & Services.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Strategic planning pillars
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely
- ‘Making Tax Digital’: a guide for non-experts
- Practice management for group practices
- Co-working: What’s the big deal?
- What’s Involved in a Revenue Cycle Assessment? How Do Revenue Cycle Experts Maximize Medical Profits?
- The Best Strategies Small, Rural Hospitals Are Using to Survive
- Leverage Domestic Customer Service Outsourcing for Sustained Profits
- Top 5 Ways a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting Service Can Boost your Bottom Line
- 4 Benefits of Gamification in Learning
- Top 6 Best Practices for Post Merger Integration
- Do You Really Need a PMI Plan?
- Corporate Strategy in a Nutshell: Main Aspects & Definition
- Experiential learning is more than a team activity.
- How To Make A Video Rental Outlet Worthwhile
- Succession Planning
- Carrying Out a Fire Risk Assessment Can Be Very Complicated
- The Importance Of Using Soft Skills In Business
- Unlocking Potential Working with the Best Leadership Training Providers in the UK
- 5 Reasons Why Small Repair Shops Are Using Software
- Choosing A Landlord Software
- Reasons Why Every Company Should Have Corporate Uniforms
- Group Meetings-How Your Employees Will Benefit
- Social media management and can spot trends, as well as new ways to help your business
- Employee Rewards Software Best Practices
- UV safety products around the world