What is Hypnosis? – Have you taken the time to study it?
- Author Marco Aa
- Published June 5, 2010
- Word count 762
Let’s start with this: what is the definition of hypnosis? Most people just think it’s some guy on a stage tricking two guys into making out with each other, or laying back on a couch while a psychiatrist talks you through your childhood.
These are part of it- well, really the second example more than the first- but the very root of hypnosis is just getting a person to focus on one thing, at the exclusion of everything else- like when you watch a movie, and it’s just getting to its climax, everyone’s staring at the screen, completely oblivious to the outside world- catatonic, really. They’re totally engrossed in the movie and not paying attention to anything else.
This is a major reason why women love to dance. You ask a girl why she likes dancing, and she’s going to say something to the tune of: "Whatever I’m doing during the day, how bad of a week it was, and all this stuff. I go to the dance club and it’s just me and the music, it’s me and my dance partner, the rhythm going through my body, and everything else is just gone." This is hypnosis in action.
Here’s something else: questions are a form of hypnosis. You ask a person something, and his mind goes in that direction, whether he wants it to or not. It’s like that old saying, "try not to think of a pink elephant." No matter what the answer is, most people can’t help but think about what you ask them to. It’s almost impossible not to, because that’s how your brain works.
Furthermore, the mind works in images and senses. When you have a dream, your mind is flooded with sensations- one minute, you’re on a subway, the next, you’re flying on a horse with wings, and so on through a cavalcade of odd, indecipherable sights, sounds, and smells. This is because these kinds of stimuli are the language of the mind, the way it processes information and memories and the way it speaks to you whether you’re asleep or awake.
Your subconscious talks to you in imagery, and if you want to influence people on that level, it’s a language you’ll have to learn.
So, let’s say you’re in business, you’re a real estate agent, and you’re going to send a fax about one of your properties. You don’t just want to say "Hey, check out this spot", you want to provide enough information so the customer can picture it in his own mind- the design, the color, the neighborhood, whatever else you can add to the mental image. The power is in the details. You guide the person into developing the image you want him to have. This is pretty much one of the most vital pieces of salesmanship.
Now, you’re probably asking: "This is all well and good, but how are we going to get laid with this?" That is the reason we are all here, right? Anyone can just go out immediately and just say yeah, you’re the best lover in the world, and that will be it, she’ll just go home with you, right? Wrong. There’s more to it than just that. The reason it doesn’t happen is because everyone already has their own beliefs and images, nobody’s a blank slate. There’s also a constant called the "cybernetic loop", which means that when you affect the mind, the body follows, and when you affect the body, the mind follows. The two are totally linked.
So that means that beliefs equal behavior, right? Beliefs feel like pretty complex things, but they’re simple at their core- If X is true, then Y. For example, if I’m a nun, then I don’t have sex with other people, right? If I’m a nun I’m celibate. So nun = celibate. So, the X is "I am a nun", Y is "I am celibate", right? Now, that means the reverse is also true- if I’m not celibate, that means I can’t be a nun. How can you have your identity as a nun if you are not celibate? These are the sort of conclusions that define the parameters of your behavior- so this belief says that certain conditions have to be met, certain behaviors have to be met and it has to be at the exclusion of everything else.
Vibe Society, or NYC Lair as they are popularly referred to, is a rapidly growing community of people that are discovering amazingly successful relationship advice and dating strategies. They have a very popular dating meetup group in NYC.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Subjective perception – Process
- Ayahuasca and the evolution of consciousness
- Why not live vicariously through Yourself?
- Reverse Aging Through the Art Quantum Physics
- What causes depression and how can you cope with it?
- Meet Psychiatrist to free from Mental Illness
- Are you humble or vain?
- "The one word you need in order to succeed"
- Wait for it... -- On the virtue of patience
- Don't be that guy...
- Investigative Hypnosis: Is It Effective Or Completely Bogus?
- Healing Childhood Emotional Wounds
- Depression: It's All in Your Head
- Taking Depression By The Horns!
- Effect of Brain Injuries
- Enneagram Type 4: Creativity is your hidden treasure
- How To Remember Your Dreams
- Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
- Difference between psychosis and schizophrenia
- Dr Eric Amidi on the Power of Positive Thoughts
- How to Increase Your Self-Esteem and Increase Success
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Self – Hypnosis
- Seven Ways to Maintain Eternal Happiness
- Preventing and Solving Crime by Reading the Criminal Mind
- Getting things done and stop procrastinating
- Alternative ADHD Solutions
- How Psychiatry Is Misunderstood
- What Celebrities Suffer from OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- Important Facts about Mental Health
- Treatment Plans for Drug Addicts