Easy Mediterranean Diet Recipes Summary
- Author Ray Darken
- Published June 10, 2010
- Word count 533
Three Mediterranean Diet Dinner Recipes
Curried Shrimp & Peppers
2 medium red bell peppers, cut into large pieces
1/2 pound unpeeled sweet potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup canned chicken broth diluted with 1/4 cup water, or 3/4 cup homemade chicken broth
4 (not oil-packed) sun-dried tomato halves
2 tsp Whole Foods Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 TB curry powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1â€³ squares
1 cup sliced celery
3 TB chopped cilantro
2 TB nonfat sour cream
Prep Time: 40 minutes
In a medium saucepan, bring the red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, diluted chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and cover and simmer until sweet potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and brown it, stirring, until lightly browned, for about two minutes. Add curry powder and continue, stirring, until curry is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from heat.
Reserving broth, transfer cooked sweet potatoes and red bell peppers to a food processor. Add sauteed onion mixture and process it until smooth. Add reserved broth and sugar, and process sauce until smooth.
Return sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, green bell pepper and celery, and cook, stirring, until shrimp are cooked through, for about four to six minutes.
Stir the cilantro into the curry. Serve curry dolloped with sour cream.
Escarole and Bean Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 pound escarole, chopped
4 cups low-salt chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 (1-ounce) piece Parmesan
Freshly ground black pepper
6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until it is fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the escarole and saute it until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt. Add the chicken broth, beans, and Parmesan cheese, then cover and simmer until the beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Season this with salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle the soup into 6 bowls. Drizzle 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil over each, and serve with crusty bread.
Sensational Black Bean Soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
12 cloves garlic, minced (2 tablespoons minced)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 15- to 16-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 lemon, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/2 cup snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until it is tender, stirring occasionally. Add cumin and cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add broth, beans, lemon slices, tomatoes, and oregano. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Discard the lemon slices. Remove 3 cups of the soup mixture to a large heatproof bowl. Use an immersion blender or a potato masher to coarsely puree or mash the mixture in the bowl. Return to Dutch oven and bring it to a boil; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Stir in vinegar and fresh oregano.
Ray Darken regularly posts updates and recipes in relation to the Mediterranean diet and he recommends you visit this link http://www.mediterranean-diet-recipes.info/ for the free Mediterranean report and access to the Mediterranean diet recipes club.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- Hamburgers and Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
- Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method