Zucchini and Sausage Soup
- Author Sophie Beck
- Published July 13, 2010
- Word count 332
When my garden is in full swing during the summer one of my favorite vegetables are the zucchini squash. They are so versatile and can be used in many different recipes. This zucchini and sausage recipe is one of my favorites.
This soup is great for lunch or dinner. It is packed with lots of chunky vegetables and italian sausage. When the entire family is coming over I make two pots of soup, one is made with the sweet mild italian sausage and the other I make with the hot italian sausage. My boys love the spicer version, it has a bit of a kick.
It is great served with crackers or a sandwich on the side or with some homemade corn bread or a loaf of your favorite hard crusted bread like a sour dough of baugette to soak up all the wonderful broth.
What you will need:
1 lb. hot or sweet (mild) Italian sausage, casings removed
2 medium onions, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 (14.5-oz) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes undrained
3 cups water
1 tbsp. cumin
4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and sliced (half moon shaped)
5 celery stalks, sliced
1 medium sized zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
OPTIONAL - 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (only if preparing the spiced up version)
In an 8-quart Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onions and bell peppers over a medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until the sausage is browned. Drain of any excess fat.
Next add the cans of tomatoes, water, potatoes, carrots and celery. Bring this to a boil; reduce the heat. Simmer covered for approximately 20 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. Stir in the zucchini and simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the zucchini is tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
The total preparation time for this soup is about 35 minutes and the total cooking time is approximately 40 minutes. This very quick and easy recipe is a crowd favorite, hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Sophie has a passion for reading, writing and also in french door blinds. One of her newest interest is in home security systems. So come visit her latest website over at [http://homesecuritysystemscomparison.com/](http://homesecuritysystemscomparison.com/) that reviews and compares all the latest features and prices of home security systems online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
- Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method