Online Anger Management - 5 Ways to Avoid Getting Cheated When Ordering Online
- Author Dr. Joe James
- Published November 9, 2010
- Word count 558
Quite naturally, one of the biggest concerns about taking an online anger management class is whether or not its legitimate. Far too many of us have spent money on something online that we thought was a high quality product only to find out that it wasn't what it was advertised to be.
Online anger management is no different; there are some classes that are very good and some that are some that are completely useless. How are you supposed to know the difference between the good and the bad?? Here are some things to look out for when ordering an online anger management class - or, for that matter, any online educational product:
- Qualifications - What are the qualifications of the person offering the anger class? Is s/he a degreed and licensed professional? Does s/he have specific training or experience in anger management training? How long has this person been teaching anger management? Has the person who developed the course received any professional recognition or been seen as an expert on any reputable news outlet? Does the website as a whole give you the impression that this is someone who is reputable and knows what they s/he is talking about?
2)How Comprehensive is the Course? - Does the website spell out exactly what is going to be covered in the course or does it describe it in very vague terms? What exactly is covered? Does it seem to focus on only a couple skills or does it approach anger management from a variety of perspectives so that you have a full array of tools at your disposal?
3)Is the Class Offered in a Format That Best Fits Your Learning Style? - Some of us learn better by reading, while others learn better through video or audio. What style do you think you do best with? Which is the most likely to keep you engaged and motivated? You don't want to get a book if you are more likely to stay focused by watching a DVD or listening to a CD in your car. Numerous scientific studies have shown that most of us learn best by a combination of formats. For example, watching a video that requires you to take notes and then answer questions or practicing a new skill is much more likely to keep you involved and to learn faster than passively reading a book.
How Reputable is the Business? Is the business a member of the Better Business Bureau? Does it offer a money back guarantee? Are there testimonials offered by people who have actually taken the class? How long has the class been offered online?
How Secure is Your Information? - Is your payment processed through a secure payment system? Is a customer service number and/or e-mail address provided for you to contact the person or organization offering the course should you have any problems?
A recent study indicated that online anger management classes are just as effective as those offered in person. They also have the added convenience of not having to drive halfway across town and allow you to learn when you schedule allows. Many colleges offer online classes and there are many very good ones whose only campus is online. Online anger management is the next logical step and can be a wonderful opportunity if the buyer beware.
For more free information on online anger management visit: http://AngerManagement.net
Dr. Joe James is psychologist who has specialized in anger management for over 15 years.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Subjective perception – Process
- Ayahuasca and the evolution of consciousness
- Why not live vicariously through Yourself?
- Reverse Aging Through the Art Quantum Physics
- What causes depression and how can you cope with it?
- Meet Psychiatrist to free from Mental Illness
- Are you humble or vain?
- "The one word you need in order to succeed"
- Wait for it... -- On the virtue of patience
- Don't be that guy...
- Investigative Hypnosis: Is It Effective Or Completely Bogus?
- Healing Childhood Emotional Wounds
- Depression: It's All in Your Head
- Taking Depression By The Horns!
- Effect of Brain Injuries
- Enneagram Type 4: Creativity is your hidden treasure
- How To Remember Your Dreams
- Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
- Difference between psychosis and schizophrenia
- Dr Eric Amidi on the Power of Positive Thoughts
- How to Increase Your Self-Esteem and Increase Success
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Self – Hypnosis
- Seven Ways to Maintain Eternal Happiness
- Preventing and Solving Crime by Reading the Criminal Mind
- Getting things done and stop procrastinating
- Alternative ADHD Solutions
- How Psychiatry Is Misunderstood
- What Celebrities Suffer from OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- Important Facts about Mental Health
- Treatment Plans for Drug Addicts