Determining Your Online Marketing Strategy
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published November 28, 2010
- Word count 507
The need for a well thought out online marketing strategy is the foundation of any successful internet business venture. In order to do this however you will need to decide upon the direction you are going to take in terms of who you will be targeting.
Marketing on the internet offers boundless opportunities based upon the fact that you have an entire global audience right there at the touch of your fingertips. With that being said in order to start an internet business you must know what portion of this global audience you will be targeting. Most serious entrepreneurs take inventory of their own skill set or interests to help them select the market profile and subsequent strategy they will use.
Here are the 4 different market profiles you will need to consider to determine the strategy you will use for marketing on the internet.
Working in an Established Market
A logical consideration is to enter into an established market and sell the types of products these people tend to buy. This model would generally involve selling affiliate products and to get the best results you would want to make your approach different from that of your competitors. For the more serious entrepreneurs establishing an online brand is something to consider since this will make you more easily recognizable enabling you to stand out from the competition.
Working Within a Niche
This type of market would require you finding or developing a new product or service you can promote to the audience of an existing niche. This type of business venture would require more research but would also eliminate a lot of competition thereby making it potentially more profitable.
Expanding an Existing Market
By taking the products or services popular in any given niche and finding new customers to whom you can promote them, you are simply expanding the existing niche. Once again you will be needing to do a little research but the reward will be less competition and greater profits.
Creating a New Market
Developing new products that fill an existing needs takes the most time, research and resources but the end results are usually worth it if the product is successful. By creating a demand in this way you can easily dominate it while enjoying little or no competition and by far the greatest profit margins of any of the 3 previously discussed market types.
An effective online marketing strategy is determined by and developed for the customer base being targeted. Most serious entrepreneurs take into consideration certain market types and what is best suited for their particular interests and strengths before launching any online business venture. If fact for anyone wanting to start an internet business these same considerations will need to be made in order to select their best strategy. The 4 market profiles you will need to consider are reviewed above and each offers opportunities and challenges unique to the others. The selection you make will determine the strategy you take and will likely also be based upon your own strengths, weaknesses and interests.
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.
To learn more about selecting the most appropriate online marketing strategy for your purposes and to also receive a free instructional manual that teaches valuable niche research techniques simply visit:http://blogbrawn.com/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why social media engagement beats follower count
- Forex Trading 101: How to Get Started in Forex and Make Money
- How to Grow Your Business With Digital Marketing
- How Instagram Works If You're New To The Platform
- The 3 Golden Rules Every Marketer Should Follow To Succeed
- StoryBrand: Brand Message Guide To Reach Your Customers
- Your Online Business Fundamentals
- How To Make Money On YouTube: The Easy Way!
- How to Monetize a Website
- Black Friday Marketing and Cyber Monday Marketing Campaign Tips for Businesses
- 7 Strategies to Acquire New Patient Leads
- How Building Your Personal Brand Can Help You Escape from the Corporate World
- This is How to Avoid Falling a Fool whose Money are Soon parted by Con Artist in the guise of Online marketing Gooroos
- How Google Algorithm Updates Impact Your SEO
- 6 Online Social Media Jobs That Pay Up to $50 Per Hour (No Experience Required)
- Should I use a website agency or freelance web developer?
- 4 Proven Ways to Grow Your Small Business Online For Free
- Reasons Why Online Advertising Agencies are relevant in 2022
- Are Manufactured Homes Built as Well as Regular Houses?
- Meet The Creator: FastPots
- 3 Benefits of Giving Trophies and Awards to Employees
- 5 Benefits of Corporate Gifts
- What are the Benefits of using Membership Cards for your Business?
- Program Writing for International Students|Java，Python Assignment，Matlab
- How to choose a substitute online course provider?
- Jeffrey Ryals Discusses Online Reputation Management Trends in 2023
- Why you need to start using 3D illustrations
- Questions to ask before getting your website built.
- New Product Introduction and Branding
- 4 Advantages of Using Large Format Printing