- Author Raul Mon
- Published December 29, 2010
- Word count 359
Study skills are approaches applied to learning. They are considered essential to success in school. They are also considered important for attaining good grades and are helpful for learning right through one's life. Good study habits are all about helping students learn how to be a more efficient learner. Successful students have excellent study habits, and they employ these habits to all of their classes.
The following are helpful study skills. They are used by many students throughout their education.
First, try not to do a great deal of studying at any given time. This is because it will make you tired, and as a result, your studying will not be very effective. The solution to this is spacing the studying you do over short periods of time. Taking short breaks will also restore your mental energy.
Second, successful students plan specific times for studying. They schedule specific times throughout the week for their study time. This establishes a routine which makes them mentally prepared for studying.
Third, set specific goals as this allows you to stay focused.
Fourth, start studying when intended. Do not procrastinate.
Fifth, work first on the subject areas that you find most difficult. This is because these subject areas will require the most effort.
Sixth, review your notes before beginning an assignment. That way you won't need to waste energy coming up with something you already did earlier.
Seventh, tell your friends not to disturb you during your study times for you to be able to concentrate on the work at hand.
Eighth, make sure to call each other when you have a difficulty with an assignment. Someone else's point of view can point you to the right direction.
Finally, review your schoolwork over the weekend so that you are ready to go on Monday morning when the school week begins.
Study skills are important in the day-to-day life of students. It is through study habits in which they learn how to organize and how to discipline themselves. It is a proven fact that without studying, students cannot succeed in school. They should employ good study habits because good study habits make good students.
You might also enjoy my blog post about how to secure a wireless router.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- How To Overcome Depression
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe
- Seeds of What?
- How forgiveness and empathy might harm you
- Replacing Your Stress Habit: Jest for Stress
- The One-Degree Shift
- The Power Of Constructive Impatience - A Key To Resiliency
- Be a Better Thinker When You Write Like This