6 Reasons to Buy a PC Instead of a Mac
- Author Chris Kerins
- Published February 21, 2011
- Word count 401
No Joke; As much as we love Macs, we admit there really are reasons not to buy a Mac. Here are my top six reasons to buy a PC instead of a Mac.
You only have $300 to get a new computer. There is no disputing the fact that Apple doesn't compete in the market for cheap, POS computers. Today, a refurbished Mac Mini is going for $519 from Apple. It only goes up from there. Counterpoint: you can always buy a good used Mac for cheap on eBay.
You like to build your own computer. Some people like to tinker, and Windows or Linux PCs are the best way to do it. You can't just march into Fry's and start buying the parts to make a Mac yourself. Counterpoint: Unless your time is worth $3 an hour, don't fool yourself into thinking you are saving money.
You plan to pirate your software and all your sources use Windows. There is no denying software piracy is running rampant and by virtue of market share, there are far more sources of pirated Windows software than Mac software. Counterpoint: Macs come with most of the software you will need for free. Also, don't be a thieving asshat. You aren't entitled to steal someone else's work, even if it's Microsoft.
You live for the latest video games. You also don't mind dropping $500 for the latest video card to play them. Facts are facts: Computer games come out first for PCs and sometimes never even make it to the Mac. I've been waiting YEARS for Half-Life. Counterpoint: Go buy an Xbox.
You need a program that is only available for Windows and a Mac counterpart won't do. There may be tens of thousands of Mac programs available to you, but there still are gaps in very specific software categories. Counterpoint: Run Windows on your Mac via Parallels or Boot Camp to access that program.
You want an ultraportable laptop. At this point, the MacBook is Apple's smallest laptop computer, and it really doesn't compete in the ultraportable category where screens are small and optical drives and battery life are shed to save weight. Counterpoint: Get a job where you don't have to travel so much.
I'm sure I missed some items for the PC die-hards. What do you think? Use the Comments section below to take your best shot, but stick to reality. As much as you can.
There are no posted comments.
- What is a Creative Content Studio
- How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020
- Image masking go hand in hand
- How to Shrink the Size of My 4K UHD videos?
- Review of Top Six Free DVD Copy Software for Windows 10/7
- Want To Take Better Pictures? Read These Tips!
- What is HEVC？How HEVC better than H.264？ What are the advantages of HEVC？
- The Secret Of CLIPPING PATH SERVICE
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Price Malaysia and Specs
- iPhone Marketing Strategies - 3 Easy Methods to Go Mobile
- Digital Asset Management for Photographers
- SAM Broadcaster, how good is it?
- How do I change a wmf picture to PDF?
- Designer Kid
- New Year's Resolutions For A Radio DJ
- Hybrid Hard Drives (SSHD) and Data Recovery
- I Reinstalled Windows! Can I Recover My Data?
- Show Your Tablet Some Love, Tips And Tricks To Reduce Energy Consumption
- Making Your Wedding Photography Shoot Perfect
- Wedding Photography Changes from Yesterday to Today
- What, How and Why Clipping Path???
- Best Software for Photo Manipulation
- ABC of Clipping Path
- Have You Used Easy Video Player?
- Changing Mindsets: Digital Publishing is Not Simply a PDF
- How To Connect Your PSP To Your HD TV
- How Much Cash Do You Have To Spend To Transmit Sound Through Your Home?
- Make the Career in IT industry with MCITP: Server Administrator Certification
- The importance of a good website design