Keep Your Spices and Seasonings Fresh
- Author Doug Stranahan
- Published March 3, 2011
- Word count 344
Don’t loose the value of your investment in buying quality organic spices and seasonings because you failed the test for proper storage and handling. Here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
Refrigerate or freeze oil-rich seeds. Poppy and sesame seeds, along with pine nuts will last longer and won’t get rancid if you put them in the freezer.
Refrigerate the red-colored stuff. Cayenne pepper, chili power and paprika keep better in the ice box.
Whole herbs and spices last longer than the ground up type. In either case, store your spices and organic seasonings in airtight containers such as glass jars, plastic or tins to protect them from moisture.
Avoid storing spices and organic herbs close to the stove, oven or any where that heat or rising steam can come into contact with them. Preserve the flavor and color or your spices by storing them in a cool, dry place away from the bright light.
Finally, be sure to close your container tightly after each use.
You likely spend a little more to buy organic spices, herbs and seasonings because they make a difference in the quality of the foods you prepare. Making sure you store them properly is the first step to delivering on your desire to make a difference with what you serve. Spices don’t last forever and the new year is a wonderful time to make sure you are on track with your preparation and commitment to serve your family and friends with tasty dishes.
What’s the next step? Easy. Take a look at your spice rack and make sure it is properly located then sort through your various spices and identify how each should be stored. While you are at it check the date stamp on your spices, herbs and seasonings. Replaced the out- of- date ones with up-to-date selections.
Now you know your best efforts in the kitchen will be supported with using quality seasonings and the best organic spices and herbs. Get ready, the compliments are on the way!
Doug and Barb Stranahan have a passion for cooking with quality organic spices and seasonings.
Their mission is to provide you with an opportunity to select the finest spices, herbs, seasonings and mixes for your kitchen spice rack and culinary needs.
If you choose organic you will find these folks strive to delivery a quality product at reasonable prices. Check them out at http://www.organicspicesrack.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
- Top 5 Frozen Food Myths in Singapore
- Mini salt competition
- Which Tastes Better, Pasta or Pizza?
- Defining Catering in Brisbane
- How to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave
- Facts About the Takeaway Cravings in the UK
- 5 Reasons that MEC Pots are Excellent Pressure Cookers
- Turning Natural Clay into the Best Green Cookware
- This eco-friendly Cookware brand is great if you are looking for 100% “green” pots and pans
- 5 homemade yogurt issues and easy solutions:
- 4 Creative Ways To Enjoy Your Kitchen
- Eco-Friendly Cookware – This cookware is "Green" a full 360 degrees
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Best BBQ Grills for the Money 2020
- The Best Healthy And Non-Toxic Pots and Pans
- This stovetop slow cooker is a better choice for healthy cooking. Learn why
- The best rice cooker must retain all nutrients, both complex and simple carbs. Learn how and why that will affect your health
- Types of pressure cookers, and which one for healthy cooking?
- Why a Good Mixing Bowl Matters for Your Kitchen?
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students