Vitamin C Quick Guide
- Author Christian Medford
- Published March 1, 2011
- Word count 472
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin called also ascorbic acid, mostly found in plants, fruits and leafy vegetables. It is primarily used in the prevention and treatment of scurvy or antioxidant supplementation.
Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is f the most predominant anti-oxidant and is important because Vitamin C is not made in the human body. Hence it’s importance for vitamin supplements and foods consumption that contains vitamin C. It can be found in such foods as; oranges, grapefruit, limes, watermelon, papaya, cantaloupe, strawberries, kiwi, mango, broccoli, tomatoes, lemons, cabbage, leafy greens, red and green peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, squash, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries and pineapple, and citrus juices.
A large benefit is its effect on the immune system, vitamin C acts as an aggressive free-radical combatant. When it is spread through the body, it acts as an immune-system protector, fight off any of the free radicals attacking it. It also contributes to the body’s cardiovascular system, assisting fat metabolism, and assists the nervous system. Vitamin C helps safeguard vascular reliability; it’s even beneficial in protecting against cardiovascular disease.
Other benefits include prevention of and quicker recover from throat infection, the common cold, Asthma symptoms, and Bronchitis. An easy and important way to take vitamin C is eating citrus fruits and drinking juices that are rich in Vitamin C, like orange juice. It will help dryness of the mucous membrane in the lungs and help protect your lungs from infection.
Recently it has become a popular ingredient in skin care products. It has been proved that ascorbic acid reduces sun damage. It is being used in skin care as a strong antioxidant that protects the skin from sun damage by strengthening the skin and thickening of the dermis. It is used to speed up the healing of wounds and reduce inflammation. It is also known to lessen the appearance of skin discoloration. Dermatologists regularly use it to boost the effects of cosmetic treatments, such as making the skin appear plump, radiant and smooth.
Vitamin C Deficiencies
Studies have shown that Vitamin C deficiency increases the risk of lung cancer. It is significant in the creation of collagen, which is a vital substance for your body. Insufficient collagen can produce aging, muscular pain, gout, rheumatic fever, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammation of the blood vessels. The more vitamin C we can consume the more rapidly collagen can be produced.
Conclusion of why you should take vitamin C
In conclusion, taking vitamin C helps in maintaining the immune system, cardiovascular system, skin and helps build our body’s resistance to respiratory and other infections. Vitamin C can be found in the following foods; oranges, grapefruit, limes, watermelon, papaya, cantaloupe, strawberries, kiwi, mango, broccoli, tomatoes, lemons, cabbage, leafy greens, red and green peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, squash, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries and pineapple, and citrus juices.
So as you can see vitamin C can be easily added to your daily diet, taken in some health vitamins, organic vitamins, nutritional supplements and the best multivitamin to increase your overall health and help protect your body from every day infections and sickness.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Beginners Guide to CBD & Why It Has Become So Popular
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- Why Do People Fail On A Vegan Diet, While Others Succeed?
- Weight loss supplements really help you lose weight?
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids