One GIANT Leap for Ronald McDonald
- Author Adam Field
- Published April 2, 2011
- Word count 406
As a Saturday treat and only if Little F has been good all week we take a ride to our regional McDonalds restaurant. Now not a great deal on the McDonalds menu is GF but up until now Little F has been more than happy with a Happy Meal made up from the grilled chicken breast (from the chicken salad) and fries.
Picture my dismay then when on Saturday I ordered 'the usual' only to get the reply "Sorry Sir, the chicken breast from the salad has been replaced with a new coated chicken fillet" ... my stomach sank.
I requested if they knew what the coating contained and the counter assistant scurried away to grab the proprietor, who brought me the new chicken breast product to look at. With a Broad grin on his face the supervisor then handed me a piece of paper which he'd printed from the company web-based site, his finger jabbing at a line in the middle of the page; "Product notes: Gluten Free." To his eternal credit the owner had pre-empted my questioning and done his homework.
So, with a little hesitation .... I ordered the fillet.
Little F is a Highly sensitive Coeliac. We know that if he comes into contact with gluten, within seconds he (quite spectacularly) displays the classic signs. As parents we go to extreme lengths to project Little F from possible gluten contamination so the next few minutes felt thoroughly alien as Little F enthusiastically polished off his lunch.
Half an hour passes ... nothing at all. Two hours pass ... nothing at all. 1st post meal bowel movement (sorry folks) ... Fantastic! One small step for Little F's Saturday lunchtimes, One GIANT leap for Ronald McDonald!
Saturday Lunchtimes are saved and more importantly, it would seem at least one major fast food chain has taken note. Maybe one day, there will be a complete GF meal option; until then I'll be ordering the chicken fillet and fries :)
*Please note: This was MY / OUR encounter. Please don't blame me if YOU have a response.
On checking 5 minutes ago on the main McDonalds web pages the new fillet details hadn't been uploaded but I'll keep checking back to see if they post up.
Click HERE for McDonalds Food Pages
I'll be adding more posts to my Free From blog section over the coming weeks. If you have any questions or ideas for posts It would be great to hear from you.
There are no posted comments.
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- 5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- How you can easily create article using spinner tools
- Content Writing - Why You Need It And Why You Need It Now
- Five Things to Consider in your 2019 SEO Strategies
- CIW 1D0-621 CIW Web Design Exam Question Answer
- Taking care during Monsoon Season
- Create Your Own Forum With This New Private Communities Platform
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android
- How To Develop A Successful Brand On Social Media
- Which kind of articles should be written on a blog dedicated to machine tools?
- 7 Trends Of Iot In 2017
- Why I started Groupcash.club - Mr. Vikram Oscar Joseph
- Three WordPress Steps That Will Make Your Blog Better
- 5 WordPress Tips That Will Make Your Blog Better
- Is Social Media Really Worth It for a Small Business?
- Get Entertained With A Huge Range Of Cool Sites, Fun Sites, Cool Videos And Free Games
- Freelance writer's earning source at Ybooth