Phone Systems and IP Telephony Facts
- Author Melissa Langley
- Published May 5, 2011
- Word count 539
Not all people can grasp the concept of VOIP or IP Telephony. What does it do? What are the requirements? How much does it cost? Why are small and large businesses getting into it?
Definitions need to be established first. VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. From these words alone, one should be able to have a vague idea of what it's for-meaning it involves voice calls and the internet; which answers the question, "What are the requirements?"
An IP Phone System requires, first and foremost, a steady source for the internet. Features such as voice calls or video conferences cannot be possible without an internet connection. There are now numerous VoIP Phone Systems providers in Clearwater, FL so getting one shouldn't be a problem. Residential and commercial phone systems are a rising trend and the industry sees more growth this 2011, especially for small to mid-sized industries. This now answers the question, "Why are small and large businesses getting into it?" Anything that lowers company costs will be a hit for businesses.
The gist is this: VoIP allows any computer or telephone connected to the internet with internet connection to call another computer or phone at a fraction of the usual cost. VoIP phone system providers charge a lot less than traditional landlines, because they don't have to maintain an expensive network. Instead, they connect callers via the Internet. NEC Phone Systems are now one of the most industry-reviewed providers of hardware that supports all features of IP Telephony.
There are also other technicalities you may want to know such as ISDN PRI T1 and SIP VOIP.
ISDN stands for Integrated Services Digital Network. PRI means Primary Rate Interface. ISDN PRI T1 a communication standard that has to do with the use of multiple channels doing simultaneous transmissions such as voice calls and emails. ISDN PRI T1 is a must in order for a phone system to work, especially if we're talking about a large network of users that are interconnected. Having this telecommunication standard level makes it possible for a group of phone system users to make calls, transfer data, email, voice chat, etc. all at the same time. This means data are no longer just in analog form but instead converted to digital. IP Telephone systems would not function without ISDN PRI T1.
SIP or session initiation protocol is the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) protocol for VOIP and other text and multimedia sessions, like instant messaging, video, online games and other services. SIP VOIP is like an application that provides users with protocol for creating, modifying, and terminating sessions with one or more participants. These sessions include Internet telephone calls, multimedia distribution, and multimedia conferences. SIP VOIP is like the internal facilitator for all transmissions across your network so that the wires don't get crossed or mixed up.
Now you know the basics of VoIP phone systems. In case you want to have this type of phone system for your home or for your business, make sure you choose a reliable provider that can install, troubleshoot, and support all the above-mentioned standards of phone systems. Make sure they have 24/7 customer support.
Digital South Communications
2030 Weaver Park Drive
Clearwater, FL 33765
Contributor and web content writer for various websites for over 3 years. http://www.digitalsouth.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Become an online radio presenter with SAM Broadcaster Cloud
- What is a Creative Content Studio
- How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020
- Image masking go hand in hand
- How to Shrink the Size of My 4K UHD videos?
- Review of Top Six Free DVD Copy Software for Windows 10/7
- Want To Take Better Pictures? Read These Tips!
- What is HEVC？How HEVC better than H.264？ What are the advantages of HEVC？
- The Secret Of CLIPPING PATH SERVICE
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Price Malaysia and Specs
- iPhone Marketing Strategies - 3 Easy Methods to Go Mobile
- Digital Asset Management for Photographers
- SAM Broadcaster, how good is it?
- How do I change a wmf picture to PDF?
- Designer Kid
- New Year's Resolutions For A Radio DJ
- Hybrid Hard Drives (SSHD) and Data Recovery
- I Reinstalled Windows! Can I Recover My Data?
- Show Your Tablet Some Love, Tips And Tricks To Reduce Energy Consumption
- Making Your Wedding Photography Shoot Perfect
- Wedding Photography Changes from Yesterday to Today
- What, How and Why Clipping Path???
- Best Software for Photo Manipulation
- ABC of Clipping Path
- Have You Used Easy Video Player?
- Changing Mindsets: Digital Publishing is Not Simply a PDF
- How To Connect Your PSP To Your HD TV
- How Much Cash Do You Have To Spend To Transmit Sound Through Your Home?
- Make the Career in IT industry with MCITP: Server Administrator Certification