Baby Slings vs. Baby Carriers - MammasMilk
- Author Islam Khalil
- Published May 5, 2011
- Word count 529
Baby slings vs. baby carriers: either one is a great way to transport your baby with ease and is very comfortable for both the parent and the baby. Some people swear by baby slings as they are very versatile while others would argue that baby carriers are the easiest to use.
Baby slings come in a huge range of fabrics, colors and styles which means that they are more versatile than many other option for carrying baby around. Baby slings can be folded and stored away when they are not in use, if you take baby out in the sling and need to take them out of the sling this is easily achieved in just a matter of seconds. Baby slings are extremely adaptable; they can be used across the shoulder so the baby can lie cradled in the sling. Baby can either lie flat on his/her back or they can snuggle close to the parent’s stomach or chest on their side. This provides a feeling of extreme closeness for both the parent and the baby which is a win-win situation.
Another big advantage of baby slings vs. baby carriers is when it comes to breastfeeding. Slings allow the mother to breastfeed in total privacy. Usually there is more than enough material to pull up from the bottom of the sling up over the baby when breastfeeding. This means that you do not have to go running to find a bathroom; you are able to breastfeed your child anywhere and no one will even know.
When it comes to baby slings vs. baby carriers, baby carriers also have their good sides and advantages over the baby slings.
Baby carriers are an ideal way to travel around with your baby when the child is older. They allow toddlers to see and to take an interest in what is going on around them. Some baby carriers are made from a light metal frame which is covered with fabric and resembles a hiking carrier which is used when out hiking or walking. This type of baby carrier is excellent for carrying the child on the back as all the weight will be on the back and hips. This type of baby carrier will usually take the weight of a child up to around 40 pounds. The carrier itself will come in different weights so be sure to check them out and go for a lightweight model and preferably one which has a lightweight stand.
There are many arguments for and against baby slings vs. baby carriers and one of the main factors would be the weight and age of the child. Slings are ideal for newborns all the way up to toddler age and the baby carrier is great for older toddlers. Both come in many different fabrics and colors with some being tailored towards fathers. They are an excellent way for the father to bond with the child from newborn age and then play and active role throughout the toddler stage.
Fort Lauderdale-based company, MammasMilk.com is currently the premier provider of baby gear. Mamma’s Milk offers the full range of baby slings, baby carriers and baby sling carriers.
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training