Teen Girl Bullies And Harassment. The Horrendous Affects It Has On The Victims
- Author Mandy Jane Clarke
- Published May 9, 2011
- Word count 480
These days teen girl bullies and harassment are widespread in schools. Although boys bully in a more direct way by using their fists, teen girls tend to adapt a more subtle method to achieve a similar result by humiliating their victims in any way possible.
The line between harassment and stalking is very fine. Many teen bullies use both of these measures to completely take control over other girls, making them feel helpless and have little self worth. The effects of teen girl bullies cause serious eating disorders as well as encouraging absenteeism from school, psychological problems and the victim will not be able to concentrate on anything when the bullying and teasing starts
Regrettably, teen girl bullying and harassment in schools are not thought to be as serious as boy bullying. The bullying acts of girls are simply seen as a jealous streak or a difference of opinion usually about boyfriends. However, despite what people think, teen girl bullying is not only a grim problem but it can be deadly too.
When victims are bullied and teased usually by the use of hurtful words, they end up feeling totally isolated and lonely. The bullies pick on those who are weak or different from the crowd. If the bullying continues, health problems are likely to occur and the next drastic step is suicidal thoughts. If the victims are constantly harassed things are sure to result in a physical encounter ensuing.
Programs or suspensions within schools have not been effective in addressing the huge problem of teen girl bullying and harassment. Even though many establishments have a school-based support team of psychologists, therapists and social workers, those who are looking for an education of good quality are often reduced to tears and feel absolutely terrified.
The discipline code in most schools does not properly recognize the teen bullying problem and the horrendous affects it has on the victims. They skip school and even transfer to other schools but regardless of which new school they go to, they are always going to be prey for those who bully. In the end, they regularly leave school altogether and miss out on the education they should be receiving.
The situation of teen girl bullying and harassment has left the whole educational system in a dilemma. Although the Zero Tolerance policy set up following Columbine has been said to be too harsh, each state needs to make mandatory, a punishment fitting with the crime. There is nothing sadder than seeing parents attend school and witness the results of the physical and mental abuse committed against their child.
Vast amounts of money are at this time being spent on education programs and strategies. But what good is using this money going to do if the quality of a child’s education and the desired atmosphere within schools is destroyed by these teenage boy and girl bullies?
By Mandy-Jane Clarke
For more tips and resources on teen girl bullying visit Stop-Bullies.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training