Why Many Small Business Start Ups Fail Online
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published June 14, 2011
- Word count 551
One of the best things about small business start ups when working on the internet is the relative ease of effort involved. Starting an online business takes little time and in most cases, expense, and it is primarily for these reasons that there are so many internet businesses dotting the landscape. Ironically enough however these same reasons also factor into why a large majority fail to reach success online!
Here is a look at why the same advantages that allow many to start internet businesses can also be contributing factors to their lack of success online!
With the ease of starting an online business many people are therefore LESS invested due to the lack of effort and financial resources required. This in turn tends to decrease their commitment since they have less to lose making it easy to walk away!
Due to the low barriers of entry there tends to be a tidal wave of internet businesses in every field! This of course translates into more competition making it that much tougher for many to achieve their goals! The result is mounting frustration, discouragement and resignation to once again simply quit!
Too Many 'Opportunities'
It is important to remember that when working online you will be exposed to a constant flood of information and business opportunities. It's funny but the next greatest 'opportunity' is always better than the one you are currently working on. The point is many end up chasing after the next 'best' thing like a dog chases cars. These people as a result find themselves always starting new internet businesses but never staying with them long enough to actually experience success!
Lack of Experience
The vast majority of people starting an online business have little or no experience and this is reflected in their lack of planning and managerial skills. Now these folks may have a burning desire to succeed but without the proper direction it will be difficult. After experiencing the difficulty and confusion that comes with their lack of expertise doubt begins to settle in eroding their drive, confidence and sabotaging their desire!
Lack of Discipline
Here too you have people taking advantage of what appears to be the relative ease of working online. Being your own boss however means if you do not get it done it will not happen. This is an everyday reality that many find more than challenging and are eventually overwhelmed by all the responsibility!
Small business start ups are a relatively common occurrence on the internet due to the small investment required. However even though starting an online business is a relatively easy thing to do it by no means assures that it will be successful! Many internet businesses have short life spans and in many cases this is associated with the same reasons people are so easily able to launch them in the first place. The discussion above identifies a lack of experience, commitment and focus as leading factors that contribute to so many business failures. In the end if work, resolve and a certain dedication are not require to launch a business, then the investment going in is minimal making it easier for people to simply walk away! Success online is earned and reached at the END of the journey and not upon launch!
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.
For more tips about building small business start ups into huge successes and to also receive a free instructional manual that teaches valuable niche research techniques for your online marketing needs simply visit:http://blogbrawn.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible
- Shipping to Brazil: New Tax ID regulations
- Why Should Your Business Use Same Day Delivery Services?
- Some Challenges and Roadblocks faced by E-Commerce Startups in 2020
- A new technology based on Image Recognition is revolutionizing eCommerce
- A Quick Buying Guide to Understand What To Look For in a Tray
- 8 Common Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- Considering Kel-F ® PCTFE within Plastic Fasteners?
- What Is the Best Alternative to Facebook Ads for Dropshipping Businesses?
- How to make a Wrap Sleeve box for Packaging
- Checkpoints to Convert Your Web Site into a Marketplace?
- 5 Products to Avoid Dropshipping at All Costs
- How to Avoid the Facebook Ban When Dropshipping
- Your 3-Step Guide to Increase Sales with Seasonal Marketing
- Should We Focus on Aesthetics or UX When Designing an Ecommerce Website?
- Why Social Media is necessary for an Ecommerce Venture?
- Discover Hot Selling Toys and Hobby Products Online
- Ways to optimise an eCommerce store
- How to create your own brand with Chinese products
- How to track a package from China and be sure to receive it
- How to dropship with WordPress, the simple step by step guide.
- How to Profit on Forex Without Trading Experience
- Augmented, the new AI?
- 8 eCommerce Business Ideas to Start in 2019