Redefining Yourself With an Online Brand
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published June 21, 2011
- Word count 825
Developing an online brand can be much like assuming a new identity, which in many ways is exactly the case. It is not so much who you or your business 'was' but what you want them to 'be' and it is solely up to you to firmly establish your new identity through the brand building process. The coolest part is you can actually select your brand identity, who or what it is you want to be in the eyes of others , and then systematically go about reinforcing it. Care however needs to be taken when choosing this new image since it has to be something you can consistently 'live' up to in both words and deeds! On the other hand if your 'selected' brand identity is a comfortable fit you will find it to be the best online marketing decision you made! Once establish it will make all your promotional efforts that much easier!
Here are 5 steps you will need to take during the brand building process that if done correctly will prove to be the best online marketing decision you made!
Define Your Niche
In so many words here you will want and need to define your target audience or niche since without this focus any additional efforts will be mostly wasted. Much like shooting at a target, unless you take aim first, you can pretty much expect miserable results! After determining the market and audience that will be the focus of your brand building efforts you move on to the next step!
Determine Your Angle
Now you determine how it is that you want to be perceived by your target audience or within your chosen niche. What is it about you or your business that makes you unique or better defines who you are or what it is you represent! Is it your attitude, reliability, helpfulness or the quality of the products or services you offer? Select your most predominant 'trait or feature' allowing this selection to give you direction in determining the brand identity most suitable for your purposes!
Refine Your Image
Now you want to give the brand identity you feel best represents the uniqueness of you or your business an 'identifiable' face or image. This is something that when people see it they will come to associate it with you and it will reflect the 'uniqueness' for which you want to become known! The use of a logo, a picture or even a symbol is helpful provided it serves to reinforce your image! To choose something that goes counter to what you represent would only make the brand building process more difficult and less effective. One other note is to always be mindful that the impression you give off is a positive one!
Expand Your Exposure
Upon determining the identity that best suits your needs and a visual image of some sort that helps to reinforce your brand identity its time to go public. At every opportunity you will take the right actions or make use of your logo to help reinforce your new image. Making use of social media and networks sites is highly recommended as is distributing content due to the viral capabilities these strategies offer. You want to be sure the internet community is aware of who you are and what you represent!
Maintain Consistency & Visibility
The name of the game when brand building is repetition and consistency and this applies to how you interact with others as well. The content you publish, the sites you build and the actions you take all must be consistent with the new identity you are trying to establish! When everything is said and done what you are actually doing is conditioning people to see or regard you or your business in a certain way. Focus on keeping fresh content flowing to your blog and 'show up' routinely at social sites all the while being mindful of being consistent as to how you represent yourself or your business! You want to 'stay in front' of people since this is how you will reinforce and establish your new identity!
Your online brand allows you to choose the way in which others perceive either you or your business. It also makes it infinitely easier to stand out from the 'masses' but care should be taken when choosing your new brand identity! The brand building process necessary fro establishing your new image requires a repetitive and consistent reinforcement of your selected image. This makes it all the more important to select a brand identity which will be easy for you to live up to since the process will be ongoing. By choosing an image that is a 'comfortable' fit and following the steps reviewed above will makes the entire process easier and more effective. Soon you will come to realize that establishing this new image was probably the best online marketing decision you made as you begin the experience the many benefits it offers!
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.
To learn more about how to establish an online brand and to also receive a free instructional manual that teaches valuable niche research techniques for your online marketing needs simply visit:http://blogbrawn.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Crucial Elements for Successful Facebook Ads Campaign
- Why use SEO for Your Business?
- Top 10 Ways to Make Money with Crowd1 Business
- Empathetic Marketing Lessons Learned from my Scythe-Wielding Days
- HOW TO HAVE A GUARANTEED SUCCESS ON CLICK BANK AFFILIATE MARKETING
- 4 Ways to Get Your Business More Customer Calls from Your Website
- Get the Best Professional Janitorial Service jersey City
- What are the methods to get Customer Feedback?
- 3 Easy Steps to Embrace Your Holiday Brand Voice during COVID-19
- The Benefits Of Search Engine Optimization
- What are the ways to be better at Marketing?
- How important is Marketing for a New Company?
- What are the things about Marketing that are not taught in college?
- What are the best practices of Marketing?
- 10 Essential Marketing Skills to Boost Your Career
- What is Social Feedback Cycle and how does it work?
- Leverage the Power of Social Media Effectively
- What are the Marketing strategies for Grand Opening?
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- What is Social Entrepreneurship? Why is it important to have Social Entrepreneurs?
- How to make a Marketing plan?
- 4 Classic Marketing Communication Mistakes to Avoid
- What Marketing Mistakes do Companies Make?
- Is Sedex a Sustainability certification
- How to create a powerful marketing message?
- How to make a Marketing strategy?
- What are the rules of Marketing?
- Flyer Printing Tips - Getting Your Flyers Printed At the Right Price