The Evolution of Business Marketing Online
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published July 2, 2011
- Word count 586
It seems that business marketing online is something that has always existed since the 'birth' of the internet. Actually however this type of marketing and technology evolved out of what was originally regarded as the information highway! The internet in the earliest stages was universally regarded as a massive library of information and did not really become recognized as a communication platform until later. Upon this recognition however it did not take long before online businesses began to appear to test out the effectiveness of their promotional efforts on this relatively new technological stage!
Here are 5 stages of the internet as a communication platform that help bridge the divide between marketing and technology over the years.
Once the service providers began making email available the general public quickly became enamored with sending and receiving messages online. This was when the internet started to turn the corner and become known for more than an information source but also a communication platform.
Now service providers and even the operating systems start to extend you the ability to conduct 'real time' chats with others using the net. This was quickly embrace by many and possible overly embraced by others who tended to seemingly wait until somebody came online to engage them in conversation. In either case instant messaging 'upgraded' the internet to a communication platform that allow for live conversations much like phoning but without the audio.
Web-logs which were and still are in many cases 'internet journals' began to capture the eye and favor of people in search of personal interest information. The ability to leave comments and join in on conversions with other like minded people increase visitor satisfaction even more. It seems perhaps that this 'concept' could be taken to another level to capitalize on the popularity!
Social Media-Network Sites
Social media sites of all types began to spring up which was like a geyser in terms of their accepted popularity. The online community flocked to these sites to either view interesting videos or even exchange thoughts and ideas with others at hugely popular networking sites.
All during these times savvy marketers were already experimenting with ways in which they could combine marketing and technology using the internet. With each evolutionary step came new ideas as to how online businesses could promote their goods and services! The age of communications and marketing had arrived and was now the dominant driving force behind internet use.
When large corporations started investigating the feasibility of creating and maintaining a 'profitable' online presence the online world changed and forever! Looking around today you would be hard pressed to find any business entity without some sort of online presence. The marriage of marketing and technology has been officially accepted and is now recognized as a familiar fixture on the internet landscape.
As the discussion above reviews, business marketing online was not always in existence since the inception of the internet. Our first recognition of this marvelous technological 'tool' was as a source of extensive information on just about any subject. As it began to evolve into an equally effective communication platform the potential to combine marketing and technology became apparent. Many of the first online businesses were of course pioneered by entrepreneurs ultimately blazing the trail for large corporations! The 5 'growing' stages reviewed above help to 'unveil' the mind boggling opportunities the internet held for commerce. This in turn has lead to what we know it as today, a technological frontier of limitless potential!
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.
To learn more about the progression of business marketing online and to also receive a free instructional manual that teaches valuable niche research techniques for your marketing needs simply visit:http://blogbrawn.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Crucial Elements for Successful Facebook Ads Campaign
- Why use SEO for Your Business?
- Top 10 Ways to Make Money with Crowd1 Business
- Empathetic Marketing Lessons Learned from my Scythe-Wielding Days
- HOW TO HAVE A GUARANTEED SUCCESS ON CLICK BANK AFFILIATE MARKETING
- 4 Ways to Get Your Business More Customer Calls from Your Website
- Get the Best Professional Janitorial Service jersey City
- What are the methods to get Customer Feedback?
- 3 Easy Steps to Embrace Your Holiday Brand Voice during COVID-19
- The Benefits Of Search Engine Optimization
- What are the ways to be better at Marketing?
- How important is Marketing for a New Company?
- What are the things about Marketing that are not taught in college?
- What are the best practices of Marketing?
- 10 Essential Marketing Skills to Boost Your Career
- What is Social Feedback Cycle and how does it work?
- Leverage the Power of Social Media Effectively
- What are the Marketing strategies for Grand Opening?
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- What is Social Entrepreneurship? Why is it important to have Social Entrepreneurs?
- How to make a Marketing plan?
- 4 Classic Marketing Communication Mistakes to Avoid
- What Marketing Mistakes do Companies Make?
- Is Sedex a Sustainability certification
- How to create a powerful marketing message?
- How to make a Marketing strategy?
- What are the rules of Marketing?
- Flyer Printing Tips - Getting Your Flyers Printed At the Right Price