Blogs Vs. Email As Online Marketing Strategies
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published July 18, 2011
- Word count 584
There are numerous online marketing strategies in use today and while some may be gone tomorrow there are others that will endure. The most effective strategies however will be those that focus on building relationships. What we are looking at here today is a comparison of two such strategies, marketing with blogs versus email, and how they differ but yet also reflect similarities!
Here's a side by side comparison between these 2 tactics that focus upon building relationships which is what makes them such effective strategies!
Following are 3 objective both these strategies need to accomplish in order for them to even work!
This is the primary focus of both these approaches to build trust and loyalty! It should be considered a privilege people are allowing you to make contact through email or are returning to your platform! In either case the primary focus is on building relationships first and foremost.
No 'Formal' Sales Copy
What makes email and marketing with blogs such effective strategies is neither uses an 'in your face' approach. Both of these strategies rely upon repeated and casual contact over a period of time and one sure way to terminate that possibility is to 'bludgeon' folks with boring and transparent sales copy.
The Need to Be Engaging
The blog content and/or any messages you are emailing should always contain useful and interesting information. In this way you are better able to engage readers increasing the chances they will return to your site or open your next message. If what is presented serves little or no purpose most people will either unsubscribe from the list or not return to the site plain and simple!
Here is where these 2 promotional tactics tend to part ways in terms of any similarities they may display!
Control of Contact
Emailing puts you in control of any contacts being made as to if and when and is left up to the discretion of the marketer. Marketing with blogs however is more reliant upon people returning to the site to view messages or content thereby taking control out of the hands of the blogger!
Frequency of Contact
Frequent updates with quality information are expected on a blog whereas email messages sent are once again at the complete discretion of the email marketer. It would seem here that more of a commitment and effort is invested by a blogger whereas an emailing campaign could take days or even weeks off at a time!
Blogs are expected to offer useful quality information that serves some type of meaningful purpose. Now this could be to humor, inform or educate others but the content usually has some depth! Email messages are brief, lacking depth and are suppose to be this way. Who the heck is going to read a lengthy email in the first place? Here too it would seem marketing with blogs requires more effort and commitment!
For the most part the online marketing strategies you will find most effective for growing your business normally focus on building relationships. Our comparison above of two such effective strategies discuss marketing with blogs as oppose to promoting through email. Even though both rely upon developing a loyal following there are subtle differences in their approaches which may or may not fit your needs or preferences. In either case both have proven to be highly effective strategies to use as a way to build a long term following while developing a solid business foundation as well!
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.
To learn more about the most reliable online marketing strategies to use and to also receive a free instructional manual that teaches valuable niche research techniques for your marketing needs simply visit:http://blogbrawn.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- While utilizing Belkin switch which investigating steps ought to be followed for situation based blunders?
- What Does "Make Money Online" mean?
- Step-by-Step Guide: Create the Best Custom Computer
- Computer and Video Games
- Buying Backlinks for SEO - Is that bad?
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- 5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- How you can easily create article using spinner tools
- Content Writing - Why You Need It And Why You Need It Now
- Five Things to Consider in your 2019 SEO Strategies
- CIW 1D0-621 CIW Web Design Exam Question Answer
- Taking care during Monsoon Season
- Create Your Own Forum With This New Private Communities Platform
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android
- How To Develop A Successful Brand On Social Media
- Which kind of articles should be written on a blog dedicated to machine tools?