Healthy Vegetarian Diet Nutrition: The Pros and Cons
- Author James Stearns
- Published August 24, 2011
- Word count 447
Healthy vegetarian diet emphasizes on the consumption of plant based food that not only contain nutrition but also has more fiber, low-fat, low-cholesterol and a good amount of carbohydrates. Adhering to vegetarian diet nutrition emphatically facilitates the possibility of keeping several health problems like diabetes, cardiac disorders and cholesterol problems at bay in spite of a few disadvantages associated with such dieting procedures. Go through this article to know the pros and cons of vegetarian diet nutrition in detail.
Strict vegetarian diet nutrition plan generally contains peas, beans, lentils, soy nuts, fruits, vegetables, fruit juices, salads, steamed vegetables. Relatively lenient vegetarian diet nutrition generally constitutes milk based products and egg based food items in addition to the vegan diet.
Vegetarian Cooking Tips
In order to have legumes as the major constituent of your diet, you can think of making soups and stews that feature legumes as their main ingredient. Beans can be added to raw veggie salads. Rather than having potato chips or coke for snacks during lunch, you can resort to the intake of soy nuts.
In order to avoid gas formation in the gut, you can opt to have canned beans. Ensure that they are completely cooked by smashing them between your fingers for that would make them easily digestible. If need be, opt to have a mixture of ginger essence with honey and lime for enhancing the digestive capabilities.
Soaked and cooked legumes are a great source of protein that is enormously healthy. Slow/hot/quick soaks can be used when cooking legumes.
As per the reports from the Diabetic Care journal, vegetarian diet nutrition has proven to have an edge over the food prescribed by the American Diabetic Association (ADA) for diabetic patients in the studies conducted in the year 2006 for 43% of examines have reported to have an enormous improvement in the blood sugar levels after a few months of vegetarian diet nutrition intake.
Vegetarian diet, being low in cholesterol tends to result in low LDL levels thereby preventing the contraction of cholesterol in the long run. It has also proven to defend against cardiovascular and renal disorders with ease.
Healthy vegetarian diet nutrition has a probability of developing gas within the intestinal track in the long run. B12 vitamin is responsible for proper functioning of the nervous system and for development of new red blood cells within the body. Strict vegan diet on a long term has the likelihood of contracting B12 deficiency, which is visible in the form of fatigue, tiredness, loss of breath, anemia and heart shakiness.
Hence vegetarian diet nutrition proves to be drastically healthy and nutritious if taken with B12 supplements and digestive aids.
Healthy vegetarian diet emphasizes on the consumption of plant based food that not only contain nutrition but also has more fiber, low-fat, low-cholesterol and a good amount of carbohydrates.
For more informationhttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- Hamburgers and Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup