Pack an Umbrella, Because it's Raining Spaghetti in Tennessee this Summer
- Author Jim Watson
- Published September 8, 2011
- Word count 553
Think food of the Smoky Mountains and you probably picture pork ribs, apple butter, okra, and grits. But at Dollywood's Imagination Cinema this summer, it's spaghetti and meatballs, and cheeseburgers. Cloudy with a Chance of MeatballsTM 4D is certain to put a smile on your face – and a little spaghetti in your hair.
Dollywood caters to the young and the young at heart each year during Kidfest, a park tradition. This year, the festival kicks off June 17, 2011 and runs through August 7, and features two of the hottest tickets anywhere: Cloudy with a Chance of MeatballsTM 4D movie and the Gazillion Bubbles Show. Whether you have kids, or just want to be one again, you won't want to miss these thrilling attractions.
Dinner and a Movie will Never be the Same
Whether or not you've seen Cloudy with a Chance of MeatballsTM, the 4D experience is simply stunning. Dollywood’s Imagination Cinema seats 100 people and is a state-of-the-art, full-immersion theater complete with choreographed moving seats and lights. It serves up a number of special effects too, so you really feel as if you are in the town of Swallow Falls facing a food weather emergency that makes climate change seem like, well…child’s play.
Flint Lockwood is a young inventor extraordinaire whose ideas always seem to run amok. His eureka moment is the invention of the Diatomic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator, which turns water molecules into food. The machine is able to make cheeseburgers and ice cream rain from the sky, which might seem like a dream come true, until disaster strikes. The contraption goes haywire, resulting in a spaghetti tornado, table-sized steaks, enormous hotdogs, and enough chaos to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Rounding out the cast are Sam, a young weathergirl who is looking for a way to break into the business full time, and Flint’s dad, who just can't understand why his son cares only about technology and not the family bait and tackle shop. This is the every-family story that’s a true treat to watch, but which carries an important message about excess consumption and good intentions gone wrong.
The Only Movie that Engages All Your Senses
The Dollywood 4D ride will plop you down in the middle of Swallow Falls and have you ducking the flying food right along with the characters. The entire family will be caught up in the action as the seats shake, rattle, roll and rumble during the storms, and you'll be wishing for an umbrella as the food seems to pass right over your head.
This multi-sensory show is a true wonder, and once the movie is over, your family will enjoy the other treats that are part of Kidfest. Costumed characters roam the park, shaking hands and offering photo opportunities; soap bubbles large enough to hold a grown man take center stage at the Showstreet Palace; and plenty of games, rides, and kid-friendly activities wait around every corner.
Dollywood's Kidfest is touted as the largest children's festival in the Southeast, but that's not the only reason to visit. The 150-acre park, located in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., offers more than 40 attraction and rides along with live entertainment and craft demonstrations. This family-friendly, laugh-filled theme park now has one more claim to fame: flying cheeseburgers and spaghetti tornados.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering lodging near Pigeon Forge. Cabin rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2011, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK
- RV Vacation Adventure
- Kalinchowk Bhagwati Tour
- Everest Base camp Trekking