- Author Jane Hull
- Published October 8, 2011
- Word count 499
Baby prams have been around for hundreds of years and some of the features that you find on prams today are not unlike the ones from the Victorian times. Of course the accessories that go with prams have also developed and increased in numbers as the years have gone by with things such as, buggy boards, and clips for shopping bags, sun shades and baby mobiles.
Pram suits were associated with the 1950’s /60’s and were a one piece of outerwear for babies in their prams. They covered the whole body except for the face quite often incorporating bootees and mittens and a hood. They were quite often handmade, knitted or crocheted, by mums, grannies or aunts.
Of course there are products that are still on the market which are the same or very similar to pram suits, better known now as snow suits, but they are slightly modified, no longer handmade, made from cotton or similar and sometime come with a waterproof outer lining.
Products that have been introduced after these suits but do a similar job are things like cosy toes and foot muffs. The down side of pram suits are that they were very constricting when it comes to controlling a baby’s temperature. It is very difficult to get the baby in and out of the suit, so if they have fallen asleep and you get home and they are getting too warm, you have to wake them up to get them out.
Buggy boards are a great little invention, they attach to the back for your buggy and your older child can ride on the back when they are too tired to walk. Another great idea, are clips that go on your pram handle and then you can hang your shopping on them. You have to be careful that you don’t overload it and tip the buggy up, if do have this problem they also do things that are buggy weights, they Velcro onto the front of your pram near the wheels and act as a counter balance to the weight on the back.
Sun shades and shades that cover the pram so your baby can sleep are also great ideas, you can make sure your baby is protected from the sun and also make sure that the bright sun doesn’t keep them awake when you are out and about.
If you are looking for a modern and more versatile alternative to a pram suit, you can now get travel wraps that do the same job but better. They are a shaped blanket that fits into the buggy or pram with holes in that let the straps come through, they have a hood and you can wrap or swaddle the baby, but it means that unlike the pram suit, you can unwrap them if they get too warm without getting them out and waking them up.
Have a look around for pram accessories, you can find some really great and useful products.
I have children myself and I write about products and tips which are useful to parents, they cover making life less fuss and more fun, saving time and getting out and about with young babies and children. Some of my articles are interesting but they try to have a bit of fun and laughter about them.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Capital Homesteading for Kids Interested in Going to College
- Teach Your Child Robotics For Kids
- TEEN ENTREPRENEUR: 4 Ways to Guide your Teenager to Success
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller