- Author Jane Hull
- Published October 8, 2011
- Word count 493
My sister is expecting her first baby in a few months and I am suddenly faced with what to buy for a new baby. It has been many years since my friend’s children or mine were babies and you quickly forget which products you found really useful or you really loved.
Working for a company that sells baby products, I knew that the obvious choice of gift would be the baby travel wrap, until my boss wanted to give her the same gift as a present from the company.
Suddenly I am back to square one! What to buy for a new baby? I began to think about products I had seen at the baby shows, they normally have a really wide range of new innovative products and you can usually try them out and ask questions about how they work. But again I couldn’t really remember what I used and found useful. One thing was for sure; everyone she knows that is thinking what to buy for a new baby generally will end up buying clothes or baby blankets. The problem is that I have already given her loads of my old baby clothes and I was given so many when my children were born, that I know she won’t need any more, in fact she probably won’t get through the ones she has got.
I did think about asking her what she would like, but I felt that would ruin the surprise and I wanted to get her something she wasn’t expecting. So in the end I decided to give her Super Auntie!!!
I decided that the answer was not what to buy for a new baby, but what to DO for a new mum! I thought I would wait until the baby was born and then be a helpful aunt. I can rush out and buy something she has forgotten or run out of, even if that is breast pads or paper knickers. I can bring meals round or cook them at her house; I can do washing, washing up, empty bins, clean the bathroom. I can take the baby out for a walk while my sister sleeps or just has a break. I can have my sister round to my house so she has company and a break from being stuck at home. In essence I will become a mother’s help!
I know that when my second baby was born, my sisters came round and cooked dinner and emptied the bins, I burst into tears because I was so grateful. You can find the littlest tasks quite overwhelming and I think that this gift will be the most helpful and it is one that not many friends and family will have time or will be able to offer.
If you are deciding what to buy for a new baby for a close friend or family member, I hope these ideas will help you.
I have children myself and I write about products and tips which are useful to parents, they cover making life less fuss and more fun, saving time and getting out and about with young babies and children. Some of my articles are interesting but they try to have a bit of fun and laughter about them.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training