Funky Kids Towels
- Author Jane Hull
- Published October 8, 2011
- Word count 497
Up until about 20 or 30 years ago, there was no such thing as kids towels. Everyone used one of the family towels; you just got a clean one out of the airing cupboard and used it for bath, swimming or the beach.
At some point people started to buy beach towels that were bigger enough to lie on, on the sand and they often had bright colours so they don’t show marks that they got from being dragged around the beach. They were generally saved for going swimming and to the beach, not used for everyday at home.
In recent years, retailers have started to sell kids towels specifically for children, which tend to have bright colours, designs or kids cartoon characters on them. Towels changed from being not only functional but also fashionable.
The best practical development in baby towels was when they started adding a triangle of towelling to the corner of towels which created a hood so that you can wrap your baby up and keep them warm, including their head.
Much more recently they have made poncho kids towels for older children which incorporate a hood with arms. This is the most brilliant development in the practically of the children’s towels. It means that when they have bath time, as soon as they out the bath they can get the towel on and wear it like a dressing gown keeping their head warm. It doesn’t fall off and they can wear it like a dressing gown until they are dry.
When you take the kids swimming you can keep them warm all over including their heads and their towels don’t fall off while you are sorting out lockers and showering and getting dressed. If they have a pocket in them then you can use it to store goggles and swimming hats which are the things that tend to go missing in the changing room.
They are also fantastic for the beach they can wear them all the time they are not in the water. So you can make sure they stay warm while they are playing on the beach and it also makes a fantastic cover so they are protected from the sun.
Of course because they are for children they normally come in funky colours and designs so that most kids like wearing them, and they don’t fall off which also means kids don’t get annoyed with them when they are trying to play.
These versions of kids towels are a really great invention and certainly make much improvement on the basic towel. If you have young children, look out for these modern poncho towels, you will find them so useful and the kids generally love them. Because they are really loose fitting they can last for years being washed and worn and can be handed down to younger children. This means you really get your monies worth, so make sure you buy a good quality version.
I have children myself and I write about products and tips which are useful to parents, they cover making life less fuss and more fun, saving time and getting out and about with young babies and children. Some of my articles are interesting but they try to have a bit of fun and laughter about them.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training