What are the Associations for Daycare Providers?
- Author Tom Sheih
- Published October 31, 2011
- Word count 566
Now that you have decided to put up shop and become a daycare provider, you must be aware that you have taken on a lot of responsibilities. A daycare center is much like any other business. You have to be legal and legitimate to begin with. Being a legal business requires that you register with the right government agencies, get the necessary licenses and accreditation. To become legitimate you must provide the professional services that your patrons expect from you. To be able to do this you have to continuously educate yourself. That includes attending the proper seminars, affiliating with the right organizations and being up to date and compliant with the laws and statutes regulating daycare centers.
It is understandable that if you are a neophyte in this kind of business you will need more than just formal training to know how a daycare center really works. A very good businessman is someone who also learns from the experiences of other business owners. Likewise, to become an reputable daycare provider, you must affiliate yourself with an organization that can provide you with the knowledge and connections you need to become efficient. Another advantage of being a member of a reputable daycare organization is that it adds prestige and gives your business more credibility in rendering this specialized kind of service.
There are several daycare associations that you can join and you can easily look them up on the internet. You do have to look into their credentials, see if it is worth joining into their network and if you will benefit a lot from it. There are 3 noteworthy daycare organizations that you must affiliate with. They are recognized by the society for their professionalism and credibility. These organizations are NAFCC (meaning National Association for Family Child Care), NACCP (or the National Association of Child Care Professionals) and NAEYC (or the National Association for the Education of Young Children).
NAACP focuses on the improvement, enhancement and in strengthening the leaders credibility in the daycare profession. Members of this organization benefit from their services by having access to various daycare resources. The members are also given discounts on their professional training, from the Daycare Information Exchange such as publications, online education units and workshops.
NAFCC, a non-profit organization, dedicates itself in the promotion of quality daycare in strengthening the daycare profession. NAFCC is the sponsor of Family Daycare Accreditation System, the only one that is recognized by the country. As a member you can benefit from their trainings and the technical support that they give for local and state associations, and with discounts on the conferences, products and publications that you need.
NAEYC, the largest not-for-profit association in the US, dedicates itself to the improvement of the youngsters well being focusing primarily on the quality of development services and the education of children below the age of 8. NAEYC is the host of the largest conference in early education in the world. NAEYC employs an accreditation system wherein early learning programs voluntarily evaluate themselves with regards to their educational standards as well as in their safety and health standards. When you become a member, you become entitled to 6 electronic issues of the Young Children publication, 5 printed issues – Teaching Young Children for the Preschool Professional, or 6 printed issues of Young Children. You can also get discounts on books and videos as well as the exclusive NAEYC seminars and conferences.
Tom is a freelance writer from Colorado, having a diverse background which has allowed him to be an expert on a number of different subject matters. For a large national directory list of daycare providers and child care Providers, please feel free to visit www.ownadaycare.com/providersArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training