Plan Your Next Vacation In Beautiful Lorain County, Ohio
- Author John Baldwin
- Published December 13, 2011
- Word count 406
Located on the southern shore of the beautiful Lake Erie and just west of Cleveland, Lorain County Ohio is a great summer travel destination that boasts outdoor adventures, back roads and beaches, performing arts and sporting events.
The Lorain County Visitors Bureau, which is funded by Commissioner Ted Kalo, Commissioner Lori Kokoski and Commissioner Tom Williams, has a wealth of information about all of the great things to do throughout the county. Attractions for tourists include family recreation, lake and boating events, and historical attractions.
Although the winters in northeast Ohio can bring heavy snows and freezing temperatures, the spring, summer and autumn months are a great, temperate time to bring the whole family to visit. The county’s largest city is Lorain, which is a famous port location that sits on the lake and is known worldwide as "The International City" because of its many multicultural events and influences.
Elyria, which is the county seat, is home to the breathtaking Cascade Park, Lorain County Community College, and government offices such as the Lorain County Commissioners administration building. Additionally, Oberlin College is located south of the City of Lorain, and it is famed throughout the country for its excellent liberal arts curriculum and diverse student population.
If you enjoy fairs, then it doesn’t get any better than the Lorain County Fair, which is held every summer in Wellington (in the southern part of the county). Fair-goers are treated to amusement and rides, great food, livestock shows, stock car racing and live music from famous singers and bands.
There are many other fun attractions located within driving distance, as well. About an hour to the west, in Sandusky, you can ride roller coasters at the world-famous amusement park Cedar Point. And the City of Cleveland is just a half hour to the east, offering big-city entertainment venues and sporting events from the likes of professional teams like the Cavaliers, the Browns and the Indians.
Lorain County’s own hometown minor league baseball team, the Lake Erie Crushers, have their own stadium in Avon, which is located in the eastern portion of the county. The team has quickly become a local favorite and the stadium is always packed to capacity during their summer games.
Regardless of what kind of recreation and entertainment you like, Lorain County makes a really great vacation destination for the whole family. The locals are friendly and helpful, and they always welcome visitors.
There are no posted comments.
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia
- Todos Santos, Guatemala
- A Perfect Day In Prague