Terra Mitica, Benidorm, Spain
- Author Maria Bogo
- Published December 9, 2011
- Word count 453
Terra Mitica theme park is located in the heart of the Costa Blanca, surrounded by mountains, green spaces and wide roads, just yards from the centre of Benidorm and the beach.Terra Mitica is a theme park that has tried to reproduce 5 ancient civilizations of the Mediterranean: Iberia, Rome, The Islands, Greece and Egypt.
There are attractions for everybody, from small children to those a bit older but still young at heart who like new challenges. As soon as we enter the park, we are welcome by several statues of pharaohs of ancient Egypt, accompanied by the ships that go around the lake that surrounds it. Among the attractions we can find in the Egyptian space there is a reproduction of the port of Alexandria, the Infinity, which is a tower 100 meters high with rotating viewpoint, Nile Falls, a water roller coaster with falls of 20 and 10 meters and the Pyramid of terror.
In the zone dedicated to Greece we can enjoy attractions such as the Minotaur's Labyrinth, where visitors kill mythical monsters with virtual guns, Titánide, an inverted coaster, the SynKope, a 26 meter pendulum with a disc that travels at 90km/h 30 meters high.
In the area of Rome, we find the Magnus Collosus, a wooden roller coaster with the best views of the world. It is1252 meters long and goes at100 km/hr. Flight of the Phoenix, a roller coaster with free fall from 35 meters high, which will leave you breathless reaching 100 km/h in 3 seconds; Inferno, which is one of the most spectacular and unique roller coasters in the world, despite its small size, it provides a great intensity in a few seconds, with spins up to 360 degrees and a maximum speed of 60 miles per hour.
In the Iberian space we will find Arietes and Jabato, children’s carousel rides in the shapes of pigs and wild boars, and finally we can visit the zone of the Islands with the Rapids of Argos and the Anger of Akiles, a boat drawing shapes in the air reaching heights of 15 meters. In addition to the attractions we can enjoy a multitude of shows during the day and night, as the park can also be visited during the dark hours.
After so much adrenaline, we have plenty of restaurants and cafes to choose different menus and sample food from specific areas. Tickets to Terra Mitica can be obtained through the park's own website or in countless shops spread around the Costa Blanca, in travel agencies, local tourist office, etc. The park is very popular and always extremely busy so it is advisable to book a Benidorm hotel or stay in nearby Valencia where we can find some of the best hotels in Spain.
Maria has travelled extensively and regularly writes about the tourism sector in her native Spain as well as Ireland and the UK where she has lived for over a decade. She maintains a blog covering news and tips abouthttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia
- Todos Santos, Guatemala
- A Perfect Day In Prague