Victoria Events BC - Christmas Truck Light Parade
- Author M. Fox
- Published January 7, 2012
- Word count 558
If you are new to Christmas in Victoria, the truck light parade is put on by the Island Equipment Operators Association and consists of their industrial work trucks being transformed into a mobile light show. This is one of the best Christmas events in Victoria and it is a great time for kids to see Santa.
Come one and all to Victoria BC’s 13th annual Christmas Truck Light Parade and food drive on December 3rd, 2011. This is a great time to enjoy an evening out with the whole family, to be thankful for the community that we have in Victoria BC, and to help pull together holiday fixings for families and individuals in need. If you are new to Christmas in Victoria, the truck light parade is put on by the Island Equipment Operators Association and consists of their industrial work trucks being transformed into a mobile light show. This is one of the best Christmas events in Victoria and it is a great time for kids to see Santa.
The lights parade leaves the parking lot of Ogden point at 5:45pm; this is the meet-up point for truck parade participants. Parade trucks arrive at Oak Bay Village at 6:30, Yates and Douglas St. at 7:00, Helmcken and Trans Canada Overpass at 7:30, Goldstream and Veteran’s Memorial Parkway at 8:00, and the parade ends at Western Speedway where Santa arrives in a cleverly executed sleigh-lit truck (complete with reindeer) at 8:15. Western Speedway is where the Victoria truck parade concludes, but everyone is welcomed to gather and encouraged to bring food items as admission to the post light parade festivities. There will be refreshments to warm up with and there are usually hundreds of people in attendance.
Over the years, Victoria truck decorators have spent no small amount of time designing their truck’s array of lights. Although the parade lasts 2 hours, it takes about 20 minutes to see the whole procession. Usually, there are more than 80 trucks and 1000s of lights. It is a spectacular sight to see and a popular way to dawn Christmas events in Victoria. Another special note on this day is that the Greater Victoria Harbour Authority launches the Lighted Ship Parade at 7:00. If you catch the beginning of the Lighted Truck Parade, you could then see the Lighted Ship Parade, and still head over to Western Speedway for the post-parade get together.
The Victoria truck parade is fun for BC locals and visitors alike and is a great time to join in the harmony of the Pacific Northwest city and spread some holiday cheer. If you are visiting BC and looking for hotels in Victoria for the Truck Light Parade, there is a Victoria BC accommodation at 3233 Maple St. that is offering discounts for attendees of one of the biggest Christmas events in Victoria. This Victoria BC Inn is also one of a few pre-parade drop-off spots for the food drive. Last year, the community collected 7,500 pounds of food and organizers hope to meet the hunger needs of Victoria families again this year. Collection for the food drive has already begun and it will continue until December 4th.
Victoria Christmas Truck Light Parade attendees will be delighted they chose to come out to enjoy the festivities and meet other attendees. It is a terrific show of goodwill and entertainment and we hope to see you there!
The Victoria BC Christmas Truck Light Parade is fun for the whole family and benefits great local food banks. Please drop off food ahead of time! Certain hotels in Victoria BC will have a drop-off for food donations for the event for several days leading up to and the evening of the parade. Accent Inn Victoria BC hotel is located at 3233 Maple St., Victoria, BC V8X 4Y9, Canada.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia