Amazing Eggnog Spice Latte Recipe
- Author Ron Frey
- Published January 6, 2012
- Word count 431
Every holiday brings certain traditions and for the espresso coffee makers flavored drinks are definitely a lot of fun and a great way to spice up the season. There are many recipe combinations for espresso drinks especially the lattes and this Eggnog Spice Latte is a true all-time favorite. It is very easy to make once you have a basic latte perfected and it allows one to use a little creativity as well. Follow the directions below but don’t hesitate to be a little innovative so that you might have a latte with your own personal signature.
The basic ingredients for an Eggnog Spice Latte in a 12 oz wide mouth cup are:
Two shots (ounces) of extracted espresso, adjust the amount of espresso to your personal preference.
Six – eight ounces of eggnog. Light or low fat eggnog can be used if calories are a concern. You can also use a 50/50 combination of low fat milk and eggnog if you prefer.
Pumpkin Spice (a dash or two) – Optional in place of nutmeg.
Brown Sugar ( ½ to 1 heaping teaspoon)-- Optional
The basic directions are as follows:
Pour eggnog (and milk if used) into frothing pitcher, preferably stainless steel with a thermometer.
Add brown sugar and pumpkin spice if desired to eggnog and stir. As mentioned above, if the pumpkin spice is used the nutmeg should be eliminated as the two combined seem to be a little to harsh.
Heat or froth eggnog keeping temperature below 150 degrees. Do not exceed 150 degrees as this tends to break down the eggnog.
Pull the two shots of espresso (or desired amount) directly into a pre-heated cup. Pour the eggnog mixture into the cup and add a whipped cream topping and then sprinkle with nutmeg. The nutmeg should be used sparingly but is highly recommended as it seems to leave the pallet with a clean and crisp feeling without a sweet after taste.
A couple of other ingredients that can be added or substituted are pumpkin puree (a tablespoon or two) and or vanilla (one teaspoon). Obviously using all of the ingredients listed would be a little over the top for most of us so it is recommended to start with the basic recipe and then add one ingredient and maybe subtract or lesson another at the same time. All of these ingredients are complimentary to the eggnog base and are not meant to overtake it.
As always we hope here at espressomakerempire.com that this will help you enjoy your espresso coffee making experience during this Holiday Season and throughout the New Year.
Ron Frey is the owner of Empire Marketing and the founder of www.espressomakerempire.com an online marketing website which was established to promote the making of espresso and all related coffee drinks in the home. Espresso Maker Empire also provides exceptional service and educational resources so that the customers may have the best possible espresso making experience at home. Go online today and view the product line and take advantage of the ongoing promotions and sales.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
- Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method