Lanzarote - Island of Nature, Food and Music
- Author Ian Sheldon
- Published November 30, 2011
- Word count 487
Lanzarote is my all time favourite place. Not only just my favourite holiday destination but my favourite place on earth bar none. The climate is just right and the island has a mystique that surrounds its preserved natural beauty. Its a place that draws me back time after time.
When your flight starts to descend over Lanzarote, the first thing you will notice (usually out of the left hand window of the plane) is the volcanic landscape. The view of crater, after crafter is truly amazing and the colours of the mineral rich landscape set off against the blue of the sky and the sea are a real sight to behold. You will also notice how sparse Lanzarote appears from the air. Its only a small island and yet is not overrun with high rise developments. It really has the mix of tourism and nature spot on.
When the Plane touches down and you make your way out of the airport the landscape may appear quite literally, bone dry. Lanzarote doesn't get much rain (it is off the coast of the Sahara Desert). The landscape on Lanzarote has been likened to that on the moon and whilst this might not be for everyone it certainly has its hold on me.
There are three main tourist resorts on Lanzarote. Puerto del Carmen (the largest and just minutes from the airport), Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise. Each resort has its own appeal to different age groups but the one thing they all share is great food. When it comes to dining out Lanzarote sets the standards. Go into any restaurant that lines the sea front of the resorts (and they are a few) and you will, more often than not, be presented with a wide selection of outstanding dishes. And the portions don't come small! The price you pay for eating out in Lanzarote does vary. You can basically pay as little or as much as you want, but the average price usually gets you a really nice meal. A couple can easy have a nice meal for around €50 including starter, main, desert and drinks.
Finally, the music. I don't know what it is about Lanzarote but the live music on offer tends to be so much better than anywhere else I have been. It really seems to blend in with the island and provides a great nights entertainment. Not only that but the musicians tend to be accessible so it easy to get to know them if you are a regular visitor to the island.
All in all, Lanzarote is the perfect place. The climate, the nature and the tourism all seem to sit together so well. Its not over commercialised and there is a real sense that whilst Tourism is very important to the island that it will not be forced into destroying the identity that has created the island we have come to know and love.
Lanzarote is the perfect all year round holiday destination. With a perfect blend of nature and tourism the island appeals to families and couples of all ages.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia
- Todos Santos, Guatemala
- A Perfect Day In Prague