Recipe Substitutions For Desserts To Help You Maintain Your Figure
- Author April Kocher
- Published February 2, 2012
- Word count 631
Cheese cake, Pumpkin Roll, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Apple Pie, Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Icing all sound very luscious. Well guess what! If your watching your diet, it does not necessarily mean you can not have these sweets either. They just have to be substituted with more healthier ingredients that help with weight loss over the fattening ingredients. Here are 5 healthier ingredients you can use to replace other ingredients in your recipes to assist with weight loss without destroying the great taste.
Use organic foods over non organic - Organic foods can help you reduce weight since they don't contain the toxins that are known to cause weight gain that are found in chemically altered foods. Besides this, organic foods also have 20% to 40% more sustenance then non organic foods so your body can get the nutriment it needs from organic foods even from consuming treats if they are used in the recipe. You can buy organic cream cheese, organic sour cream, farm fresh eggs, and organic produce to use when making desserts such as Cheese Cake, Pumpkin Roll, cookies, and Apple Pie.
Use Xylitol in place of regular sugar for all your recipes calling for sugar - It can be found in health food stores and maybe in some regular grocery stores. Xylitol is vegetable sugar that occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables. It looks and tastes like sugar, but this sugar is good for you. Xylitol can help you lose weight because it has a low effect on increasing blood sugar. It stabilizes insulin and helps reduce sugar and carbohydrate cravings so you eat less. In addition to this it also heals and repairs, builds immunity, protects against chronic disease, and has anti-aging effects. When you purchase this make sure it is 100% Xylitol and doesn't have other ingredients.
Use whole wheat flour instead of white flour - Whole wheat flour contains whole grains that are packed with nourishment and lots of fiber which helps with weight reduction. White flour is lacking in whole grains and fiber. Substitute all recipes calling for white flour with whole wheat flour instead.
Use applesauce to replace oil and butter for cakes, breads, and muffins, but not cookies since it will make them to runny - By using applesauce as a replacement, your removing the unhealthy fats found in oil and butter. Your also lowering calories. Try using a natural applesauce to eliminate added sugar as well. If recipe calls for 1 cup of butter or oil use ½ cup applesauce and ½ cup of butter to start out. If they turn out good you can enlarge the applesauce to butter ratio.
When you make cookies, you can add nuts, oatmeal, peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, and cranberries to them - You can make oatmeal raisin cookies plain or with dark chocolate chips and/or cranberries. You can make peanut butter cookies or dark chocolate chip cookies or make peanut butter dark chocolate chip cookies. Nuts and oatmeal contain fiber which helps you feel full so you eat less. Nuts, dark chocolate, and peanut butter have lots of monounsaturated fats (MUFA fats) which are known to help reduce abdominal fat. Cranberries contain fiber, vitamin C, and poly phenols which are essential for becoming thinner. In addition to this, these ingredients are packed with nutriments that are good for you.
As you can see, by making a few healthy substitutions to your recipes you will be getting more fiber, sustenance, and decreased calories. Meaning, you'll be able to enjoy treats on special occasions such as birthday’s, and holidays and not have to worry about your waistline. Best of all, your sweets will still be delicious maybe even more so because they are made with all natural ingredients. So go ahead and make your favorite desserts and enjoy!
April Kocher is a proud affiliate of Wealth Creations Network. April Kocher is passionate about helping people lose weight, and create wealth for themselves. Wealth Creations Network is your zero out of pocket way to creating wealth. So what are you waiting for? Sign up now and start to make money online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- Hamburgers and Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
- Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method