Wash out the Christmas Stains from Your Clothing
- Author Colin Mcdonald
- Published January 27, 2012
- Word count 544
Christmas is a time of goodwill and festivity. Many people invite family over to have dinner. Relatives from many parts of the country may be present at these gatherings.
Some share good wishes with people they do not know. They may go out and donate their time to charity. Occasionally, people may get one or two stains on their clothing during the course of the events. It is easy to wash out the Christmas stains from your clothing.
Little ones in the family are very likely to spill gravy or juice on themselves. Marks may also be left on the upholstery or your favorite holiday tablecloth. People who go out to celebrate with coworkers or friends may return home with a few red wine stains on their garments. If you do not know how to remove these stains, seeing them can be quite frustrating.
How to Remove Red Wine Stains
If you will be serving red wine, make sure that you have a roll of paper towels handy. If there is a spill, these can be used to blot up as much of the liquid as possible. Later on you can apply a liquid solution to get out the rest of the stain. Make the solution by using two tablespoons of white vinegar, two tablespoons of dishwashing liquid and 4 cups of water. When all of the stain is out you can wash the garment in the machine.
How to Get Out Coffee Stains
Coffee stains are not too difficult to remove, once you act quickly. In fact, most households will have something that can be easily used to get out these marks.
Remove the stained clothing immediately and run it under cold water. Do not rub the fabric.
If you are out celebrating and cannot remove the clothing, blot the marks with a damp paper towel. Afterwards you can soak the stain in a little milk. When all traces of the coffee have been removed you can finish laundering the clothes as usual in the washing machine.
How to Remove Crayon from Clothes
Children will find ways to keep themselves occupied while the adults are conversing. Younger relatives may redecorate the Christmas tree, play video games or do crafts, or make drawings of each other with crayons. When crayons are left in little pockets, they create a mess when those clothes enter the dryer.
Get a solvent that can dissolve crayon. The same lubricant that is used with auto parts works very well. Before applying the solvent, place something under the fabric to absorb the melted wax. Ordinary paper towels work very well for this purpose. You will need to allow the solvent to soak into the clothing for about an hour for it to work effectively. Scrub with dishwashing liquid to remove the last traces of colour from the clothing.
How to Remove Gravy from Clothes
Gravy stains are not too difficult to remove. Scrape off the excess and sit back and enjoy the rest of your dinner. Later on you can soak the clothing in a prewash product. This will effectively loosen the gravy from the fibers of the clothing. Laundering the garment in the washing machine will wash out the Christmas stains completely. Your clothes will look like they did before.
Colin McDonald writes on behalf of Euronics - Bosch Washing MachineArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training