Yummy Healthy Soup Recipes
- Author Gene Carbonell
- Published February 14, 2012
- Word count 471
Soup is one of the most nutritious ways to eat healthy and maintain a steady weight loss. There are many varieties of healthy soup recipes filled with delicious vegetables and meat for a hearty meal. Whipping up a scrumptious chicken soup or tomato soup will warm a person’s body during those cold winter months taking the chill away. Healthy soups are simple to make and wonderful to eat. Here are two amazing healthy soups recipes.
Chicken Noodle Soup…
A favorite pastime to drink is chicken soup which is easily created at home and sensational to eat loaded with healthiness in each bite.
6 cups of chicken broth
1 lb boneless skinless chicken (remove fat)
1 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of baby carrots quartered
1 cup white onion
1 large parsnip chopped and peeled
1 bay leaf
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
¼ tsp pepper
2 cups medium egg noodles uncooked
¼ cup fresh dill
Cut chicken into small bite size pieces. In a large saucepan add chicken, broth, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, parsnip, pepper and bay leaf. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked. Remove bay leaf. Add in dill and egg noodles, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or so. Now enjoy an appetizing nutritional bowl of soup low in calories, fat, cholesterol and salt.
Hearty Tomato Soup…
Dip into a hearty tomato soup packed with herbs and spices for an outstanding taste to delight a palate and easy to make. Rich in taste, this healthy soup is ideal for vegetarians and anyone alike.
4 – 4.5 lbs of fresh ripe tomatoes peeled and chopped
4 cups low sodium tomato juice
1 white onion diced
1 cup low fat milk (or skim)
2 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
In a large saucepan add the tomatoes and tomato juice and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Pour the saucepan into a food processor or blender until smooth. When tomato mixture is smooth in blender, pour back into saucepan. add milk, salt and pepper, basil, thyme, parsley, garlic, onion and milk. Stir and cook over medium heat until thick. This takes approximately 5-10 minutes. Serve with bread if desired. Soup will keep for one week in refrigerator in an airtight container.
These two wonderful hearty healthy soups are nutritionally delicious and filling. Garlic bread may be added to each to enhance the delightful flavor. To create garlic bread simply take a long french bread and slice the long way. Open up and on both inner sides spread yogurt butter then sprinkle garlic all over. Heat oven to 350 degrees and place garlic bread on cookie sheet. Place in oven until browned for approximately 10 minutes. Dip into the vegetable or chicken soup to add a bit of zesty flavor.
At MyHealthManagement.com, our only and most important obligation is to provide you with the best tasting and most nutritious products at affordable prices while employing exemplary customer service. Our focus is not only to serve those of us who over the years have amplified our waistlines but to also serve the athlete in training and those preparing for or recovering from bariatric surgery in their health management efforts.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- Hamburgers and Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
- Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method