Whitby B&B, an excellent choice of accommodation for those on a budget
- Author Tyler Oberhauser
- Published February 29, 2012
- Word count 566
There are numerous choices of destinations on the North East coastline to attract the potential visitor. Increasingly more and more visitors are choosing to stay in Whitby, a small fishing town at the mouth of the River Esk between Lincolnshire and Cleveland.
This picturesque town famous for its whaling history and its association with Captain James Cook, has been the on the television screens over the last few years in Heartbeat, various cookery programmes, numerous plays and music videos. Such a high profile has increased visitor numbers and thereby increased the number of different types of accommodation available to cater to this market.
Numerous ways of sourcing the types of accommodation that are available include the internet, newspaper advertising and the English Tourist Board.
A wide range of choices are available for the potential visitor. There are large hotels, smaller family run hotels, guest houses and lastly but not least, the bed and breakfast establishments
The majority of the Whitby B&B style accommodation providers welcome guests into their own homes with personal attention not afforded by the larger accommodation providers. This being so, the number of bedrooms available will probably have shared bathrooms and not many en-suite. Dining-rooms are less formal and some tables will be shared as will the lounge area. This style of accommodation allows the interaction between both owners and visitors to be friendly and in a relaxed and homely atmosphere.Over the years as many of the visitors return they forge good friendships with the owners and indeed with other visitors.
The English Tourist Board and the Scarborough Borough Council has rules that apply to accommodation taking in more than 6 guests at a time, but the bed and breakfast style of accommodation quite often does not fall into that category. The Whitby B&B accommodation category can let rooms in their own homes without being involved with either the council or the ETB.
In the current economic climate with uncertainty as to employment and income, more house owners are willing to open their doors to the members of the public with regard to offering accommodation to supplement their living expenses. As there are less overheads than apply to the larger establishments, they are better able to keep their prices down which in turn is helpful for those individuals whose own circumstances mean less monies available for holidays.
Transport has become more readily accessible and this in turn has led to an increase in the numbers of tourists visiting this delightful town. There are rail links with Middlesbrough and York which in turn connects with the rest of the country. The nearest airports for Whitby are Leeds Bradford, Durham Tees Valley and Newcastle. The road links have dramatically improved with the A169 leading to the A64, and the A171 in both directions either towards Middlesbrough or Scarborough. Coastliner Buses travel from Leeds and the Arriva buses travel from the north.
There is no doubt that the bed and breakfast accommodation providers in Whitby can offer a relaxing and homely style accommodation with the added benefits of lower prices. This has the added benefit that there is a monetary threshold to be reached before any taxes are to be paid to the Inland Revenue once expenses have been deducted resulting in lower prices. Another reason why the Whitby B&B is a win win situation for the home owners and the holidaymakers alike.
There are no posted comments.
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia