- Author Jane Hull
- Published April 10, 2012
- Word count 496
When I had my children I was quite young and most of my friends of the same age didn’t have children for many years after. I became friendly with people who had children the same age because our lives were similar, we would meet up at toddler groups and mum events, see each other in the playground every morning. Now, many years later my children are much older and I don’t have that much contact with people who have new babies because my friends and I are well over that stage. But in the last few weeks I have found loads of friends of all ages suddenly are pregnant, it’s not that surprising as they are couples of a certain age.
Obviously their lives are going to change as you would expect with a new baby. But I think that the other people around them will also feel like their lives have changed a bit. Last night I went to a family birthday tea party and there were two little ones there, one a toddler and one a new baby. It was a totally different experience as my two children are much older and so they became the adults and looked after and played with little ones. It also meant that the babies were the focus of everyone as they were all talking them and giving the toys to play with.
It’s amazing how a new baby can have such an effect on the world around them. On the negative front it means that their parents may be unable to join in with some of the activities you used to do together, but on the other side of the coin it might mean that you do more together because you have a similar way of life. You might now be able to invite them to kid’s activities that they may not have been interested in before. It may also be that they are around more in the day and can see other people who are around during the day. You will have new birthday and other celebrations to take part in and you may be able to pass toys, clothes or other equipment on to be reused. You may even be in line to baby sit or help out in other ways.
Of course it is also a great opportunity to go shopping or make something for the new baby, it will like being an aunt for lots of nieces and nephews and I am really looking forward to helping out and buying and making things for the little one. I think that my children will also greatly benefit because when we have a family and friend get together, they will have lots of little ones to look after and play with, giving their parents a break. All in all we are really looking forward to the local baby boom and all the life changes that it will bring with it.
I have children myself and I write about products and tips which are useful to parents, they cover making life less fuss and more fun, saving time and getting out and about with young babies and children. Some of my articles are interesting but they try to have a bit of fun and laughter about them.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training