Play On In Wisconsin Dells
- Author Julia Randles
- Published June 30, 2012
- Word count 503
When you love hosting families as much as we do, it was only a matter of time before we perfected the youth sports weekend getaway. We cater to parents, athletes, siblings of said athletes, coaches and team managers with as much enthusiasm and u-rah-rah as any spirit squad.
If you're among the myriad of parents and families in town for youth sports tournaments, we have a strong hunch you'll be looking for things to do between the games. And boy oh boy, do we have some super recommendations for you!
The Dells is quickly becoming a sports mecca for youth tournaments, events and camps, and the 2012 warm weather season stands to be the best ever, with basketball, softball and volleyball filling up the calendar. For filling down time between games may we suggest some non-competitive activities. Then fill up on good eats to keep those energy levels high.
Between games, coaches typically want players to conserve their energy, so a stop at a Wisconsin Dells restaurant for some nourishment or a little shopping in the Dells would fit the bill. Siblings, on the other hand, can have at it with a visit to an indoor amusement park, an interactive attraction or a trip to one of the indoor Wisconsin Dells water parks.
Start outdoors - the fresh air will do you good - with a Duck tour of the Wisconsin River. If the coach gives the go-ahead, head to a Wisconsin Dells outdoor waterpark like Noah’s Art Waterpark, where you can try the new Quadzilla racer slides (remember, no need to be too competitive, as it’s primarily intended as adrenaline-inducing fun). Or go from screaming for the team to screaming on a roller coaster.
Balance your time in the sun with some indoor fun.
In Downtown Dells, you’ll find Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum, a place loaded with exhibits that are oddly captivating. Next door is Wizard Quest, a full-size labyrinth adventure in which your goal is to find and free the wizards of the realm. For kids with an artistic streak, maybe siblings who are along to cheer on a brother or sister, there’s Paint It! Pottery Shop, where they can create their own masterpiece. Wild Fun Zone is the place with the big gorilla on the top of the building and bumper cars, mini golf and laser tag inside.
On the Wisconsin Dells Parkway, there’s the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory - Interactive Science Center, with more than 175 interactive exhibits, including a virtual sports center that’s sure to be a hit for obvious reasons. Adjacent to Great Wolf Lodge is MagiQuest, a four-story live action adventure game with players using magic wands – score!
After you’ve worked up an appetite, take the team to one of the two Monk’s Bar & Grill restaurants in Wisconsin Dells for a classic burger the locals love. Other player favorites include Pizza Pub, Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co., Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille, and River Walk Pub.
Julia Randles is the Communications Specialist & Events Manager for the Dells at the Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau, and is responsible for promoting Wisconsin Dells "The Waterpark Capital of the World!®" as a premiere national tourism destination for families, meetings and conventions, youth sports and group travel.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Botanical Gardens in the United States - NM & CA
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand