Paleo Recipes - A Comprehensive Discussion on Food Stuffs
- Author Esteban Jasso
- Published June 30, 2012
- Word count 709
Paleo Recipes is a new concept which was put forward in the mid 1970’s by Walter L. Voegtlin and since then a lot of work has been done in this concept by various writers. The concept states that if we utilize that food which was eaten by our humanoid ancestors then we can live a healthier and happy life as compared to using the modern day processed food. In other words, what was eaten by our humanoid ancestors should be used by us as our diet and what they have not consumed as their diet should be prohibited. Paleo diet (ancestral diet) which is also called Paleolithic food, Stone Age food or hunter-gathered food was used by our forefathers some ten thousand years ago in the Paleolithic era. The diet mainly consists of wild animals and plants.
Paleo Recipes are regarded as the much healthier diet as compared to the modern day diets. Due to the rapid industrialization and swift change in the living styles our societies have shifted from using the regular foods to junk and grilled stuffs and have become much more dependants on such diets now a days. This shifting results to the fatal diseases like blood pressure, higher level of cholesterol in the blood which is the main cause of heart attacks, obesity which is regarded a harmful disease and about one third of population is suffering from it and many more. The need of the time is to change our way of living again about our diet if good health is desirable.
Paleo diet mainly consists of meat which is either hunted or fished. Meat in the form of lean cuts which is free from food additives, preferably wild game meats and grass-fed beef because they contain the higher level of Omega 3 fats as compared to domestic beef. Other items included in paleo diet are eggs, fruits, nuts, mushrooms, seeds, vegetables, herbs and spices. There are also some eatables which must be avoided if one is using paleo food like dairy products; mainly consist of processed products including the butter, cheese, cream, ice cream, dairy spreads, frozen yogurt, low fat milk, skimmed milk, powdered milk; pulses and grains like cereal grains, seeds in the form of cereal grains, amaranth, buckwheat and legumes, beans of all kinds, peas, black eyed peas, snow peas and other items like salt and refined sugar.
Providing more about the meat, paleo recipes prescribe the lean meats which are trimmed of visible fats like lean beef, flank steak, chunk steak and any other lean cut. White meat and skin removed lean poultry – chicken breast, turkey breast and Goose breast are also included in this group.
Fruits are also a part of paleo diet food list and should be taken in any quantity you desire without worries of getting fats because fruit contains low amount of calories and hence should be included in every meal. Apple, apricot, pineapple, mangoes, peaches, pomegranate, bananas and oranges are among the famous foods which should be used.
Vegetables forming the part of this list are asparagus, beets, beet greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, green onions etc. Nuts are especially important if you are not losing weight actively. The list of seeds and nuts includes almonds, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds.
Foods included in the paleo diet food list which must be taken in adequate amounts consists of olive, avocado, walnuts and canola oils; beverages like diet soda, coffee, tea, sweets consist of dried fruits no more than two ounces if you want to lose weight and nuts mixed with dried and fresh fruits not more than 4 ounces a day particularly if you are intended to lose the weight.
If you are thinking to give a try to paleo recipes then try that menu; six eggs a week from chicken or ducks, meat from goat or rabbit because this will give you a better taste in comparison to use beef or chicken. Game meat from alligator, buffalo goose, wild turkey and wild boar can also be used but as described earlier. If better taste is required then start from rabbit or goat meat. You will definitely make your routine of consuming paleo diet and recipes instead of taking old foods.
There are no posted comments.
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- Hamburgers and Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
- Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method