Tee Time in Wisconsin Dells
- Author Julia Randles
- Published July 15, 2012
- Word count 500
Tee for Two
The serene golf courses in the Dells are perfect for a reprieve from the exhausting excitement of Wisconsin Dells water parks. Curving through majestic pines and around natural stone outcroppings, these natural landscape golf courses bring visitors to Wisconsin Dells in droves. Whether novice or expert, pack up your clubs and tee up for a great golf getaway in the Dells.
Wild Rock Golf Club at the Wilderness
Wild Rock Golf Club at the Wilderness was ranked the #5 Best New Course of 2008 by Golf Magazine. It’s built around and through a former quarry and offers beautiful views along with some unique challenges, like say Hole 15, which is 169 yards to the green with a drop so steep that anyone who's afraid of heights will be a tad intimidated. Take note: If you miss the green, there's probably no way to retrieve the ball.
Cold Water Canyon Golf Course
A recent $2 million renovation makes this Wisconsin Dells golf course a must-try. Of the 18 holes, Hole 4 may just be the toughest. It's downhill about 200 yards with a 50 foot elevation drop. If you miss the green on the side of the hill, you're in the canyon and will have to play a 40-yard chip to get back. The original nine-hole course here was built in 1923, making it one of the oldest in the Dells and actually in the whole state. With the addition of the second nine holes, it's like golfing two different courses in one day - a new Scottish-style links on the back nine and a traditional Wisconsin course with small greens on the front nine.
Trappers Turn Golf Club
The most challenging hole on this course is Hole 7 on the Canyon course. It boasts an extreme elevation drop into a small green in the midst of a glacier-formed canyon. The challenge here is not the length but what you're potentially hitting into and that would be thick woods and a rock ledge. This course was designed by Andy North and Roger Packard, so you have them to thank for this one.
Spring Brook Golf Course
This nine-hole course offers a fair test for golfers of all abilities. It's tree-lined, quiet and in a community setting, which is a big plus if you're in the mood for a slowed-down game that will give you time to enjoy the company of the others in your foursome.
Woods Family Course at the Wilderness
Not everyone has time for 18 holes - that's fair and that’s why the nine-hole Woods Family Course exists. Like Spring Brook, you'll enjoy a casual pace, and some terrific views, including the one to their signature island green.
Fairfield Hills Golf Course & Range
Just a few miles out of town, this nine-hole gem is nestled in the rolling foothills of the Baraboo Bluffs. The scenic ride alone is enough incentive to spend part of your day at Fairfield Hills. They're also promoting their driving range, which may be perfect if your swing needs a little attention.
Julia Randles is the Communications Specialist & Events Manager for the Dells at the Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau, and is responsible for promoting Wisconsin Dells "The Waterpark Capital of the World!®" as a premiere national tourism destination for families, meetings and conventions, youth sports and group travel.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Botanical Gardens in the United States - NM & CA
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand