Is Your Teen or Child At Risk?
- Author Richard Lipman
- Published August 22, 2012
- Word count 385
Why do most mothers and fathers have so much problems with the overeating or overweight kids? It's possible that it’s because as parents we were all educated to be nourishing, offer love and take care of each of the necessities of our youngsters. Our love is frequently identified by feeding. No one wishes to be confronted with the fact that they are not as great a mom or dad as they should be. Incredibly, millions of mothers and fathers of overweight young children think being underweight is more critical than heavy. 80% of the parents believed their children to be only "slightly overweight" or even "normal." when they are blatantly obese.
If you think your child or teen is overeating or over weight , don't justify it as a "phase." Chances are the issue won't go away. Ignoring your kid's eating difficulties can lead to more severe difficulties in the long term. Undesirable eating routines take time to learn and are generally hard and sometimes nearly impossible to change. On the other hand giving your overeating youngster a diet regime, limiting foods or insisting that they eat different foods from other family members will only lead to far more eating in the end.
As a father or mother you might think that discussing about your overeating kids and teens is politically incorrect and much less focus should be placed on body fat and appearance. You may possibly fear talking about overeating with a girl will cause an eating condition later in life. If you had trouble with your bodyweight as a kid you may be much more sensitive about the issues and do not want to utilize disparaging terms about your children, especially if play ground bullies taunted you years in the past.
Nevertheless, excess pounds gain is a critical issue. If you neglect overeating in your child or teenager, he or she will gain pounds and suffer not only the problems that overweight adults experience- high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes but stress and anxiety, depression and issues due to reduced self confidence. You may have already observed the awful teasing your overweight children and teens are exposed to from their peers. It’s the teasing and ridicule that your youngsters deal with that may actually be a bigger factor than their body weight.
Richard Lipman M.D, board certified endocrinologist, internist & weight loss expert has treated tens of thousands of adults, children and families with weight & metabolic disorders. He is the author 5 books on weight loss and metabolism including his newest book Diet Buddies: A Weight Loss Plan for the Whole Family at www.dietbuddiesbook.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training