What to Do When Your Facebook Ad Gets Disapproved
- Author Jen Sheahan
- Published October 12, 2012
- Word count 477
I hear from frustrated marketers all the time who want to know why their ads are being disapproved.
Oftentimes the identical ad has already been running successfully on Facebook for some time, yet now, for some reason the powers-that-be at Facebook won't approve it.
As I'm sure you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating!
It's important to keep in mind that the approval process at Facebook is a subjective one. Of course, Facebook employees have guidelines to follow when deciding which ads get approved, but applying those guidelines to individual ads is up to them.
So while one employee may disapprove your ad, another may not.
When your ad gets disapproved, I know it can be tempting to just give up and start from scratch, but please don't! Some of my best performing ads were disapproved many times before finally being approved.
And look at it this way: Boring ads get approved quickly.
If your ad keeps getting disapproved, it's because it's different. And on Facebook, different is good!
So without further ado, here are my top 4 tips for what to do when your ad just won't get approved!
- First off, make sure the type of content you're advertising isn't in the "grey area": weight loss, diet pills, exercise, get rich quick schemes, making money online, work at home, etc.
If you are, the rest of these tips may or may not help. Whatever you try will be hit or miss depending on who's been assigned to evaluate your ad.
Start a whole new campaign. This does NOT mean starting from scratch. What it does mean is simply starting a new campaign with a new name, and copying your ad over to the new campaign.
Change up the days and times when you submit the ad for approval.As mentioned earlier, ad approvals are a subjective process.
Submitting your ad for approval on a different day or time usually means submitting it to another reviewer, who may feel differently about your ad.
*If you're having trouble getting your ad approved, try submitting it on a weekday instead of the weekend. In my experience, ads submitted on weekdays have a greater chance of being approved. I even once submitted first thing Monday morning and had it approved within 10 minutes!
- Make sure your ad and your image are congruous. This is especially true if you've taken an image from one ad and copy from another and put them together.
Sometimes you'll have 2 ads that are running successfully, but if you try to "mix and match" the image and copy from these ads, you may run into trouble getting them approved.
My best advice? Don't give up! Some of my best ads have been disapproved 10 times before they finally got approved. Getting your ad disapproved often just means it's outside the box, and you're going to have to be persistent!
Jennifer Sheahan is the founder of The Facebook Ads Lab, a full-service ads agency specializing in Facebook PPC ads. The FBAdsLab provides ad campaign management, training, and mentor programs for marketers. The goal of the FBAdsLab is to help business owners learn all they need to know to be successful in advertising on Facebook; to take control of their traffic so they can stay ahead of their competition and be leaders in their field.http://articlebiz.com
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19