BodyBuilding workout routines: SWITCH IT UP!
- Author Mark Griffiths
- Published October 7, 2012
- Word count 504
As with most things, when you continuously create, develop or build something, there will be a point where progress will slow down, almost to the point of ineffectiveness. When it comes to bodybuilding, it is not exempt from this happening, this is why you need to focus on bodybuilding workout routines.
So as a solution, of course, it would be a good idea to change something or do something different. To overcome this problem in bodybuilding, it would be best to change up your exercises to combat this issue and then your progress will continue on where it left off, but you must remember to keep switching it up every six months or so to disallow your body to adjust.
Switching up the bodybuilding workout routines
You should change up your exercise routine about every six months. This is long enough for your body to get use to the routine you are currently doing, around this time the body has naturally adjusted to the point where it will be difficult to build anymore muscle and mass.
As mentioned, you should change up your exercise routine, so if you are doing something like flat bench press and flat dumbbell flys, you could possibly change it to incline barbell bench press and incline dumbbell chest flys. You could also change from squats to leg press or leg extensions to lunges.
This is good! Anything else!?
Another thing you can do to change up your bodybuilding workout routines is to lower or raise your rep range. A good idea would be to raise your reps up, this will create the endurance for you to build more muscle and strength. With this method you will increase mass, muscle and strength and not comprise your gains or lose anything.
This may not be for you, what else can I try?
If you choose to lower your reps, then this will result in less muscle gain, but you will definitely build a lot of strength. Ultimately, this way will develop your body’s strength capacity and leave your body in a very lean slim frame. So if you would like to maintain a thin body and a really low weight in terms of fat and muscle, but maintain a high level of body strength, then lowering your rep range is for you.
Don’t forget the foundation! …. The what?
It is important to remember when you are changing up your bodybuilding workout routines not to change the foundation of the workout. Compound exercises should be the foundation of your weight lifting routine. This is the best technique for bodybuilding development in relation to exercise method.
It is not a good idea to engage in ten different exercises and all of them being isolation movements. This will hinder your gains and take much longer for you to build and develop muscle in general. The effectiveness of compound exercises is more wide spread and expansive, this also makes it easier to cover more ground and construct a very effective weekly workout routine.
MadManMuscle.com comprises of a health/fitness team with decades of experience in competitive and professional bodybuilding, intense physical exercise and body modification. They remain steadfast on the exciting journey of body transformation, pushing themselves to the very limit and producing very rewarding results during their difficult pursuits.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Do you sabotage your fitness resolutions every year? Here’s what to do instead
- Gymnastics for the Joints: Basic Exercises
- Muscle Toning Exercises: The 7 Exercises that tone your whole body
- Two Days A Week Strength Training
- How to Understand the Physical Exercise
- How to get built to last a lifetime
- Breath and Body Work – A tool I use with some clients within my therapeutic work.
- Two Days a Week Strength Training
- How to squat
- Physio for Jaw Pain
- Beat the January blues
- Why I love the NordicTrack Studio Cycle s22i
- How to exercise your hip flexor
- 4 Effective Weight Loss Exercises
- The Massage With Extra Benefits – Hemp Oil Body Massages
- The Many Benefits of a Sports Massage
- Top 6 Benefits of Working With A Personal Trainer
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- The Benefits of Physiotherapy
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Get A Foam Roller
- Physiotherapy: For More than Just Sports Injuries
- Dry Needling vs Acupuncture
- Promise Of Genetic Testing For The Public
- Genetic Code for Diseases Slowly Being Cracked
- Few Effective Back Pain Relief Exercises
- Search for Purpose, not Happiness
- Strength vs. Cardio: Which Should You Go For?
- How to Control Constant Knee Pain and How It Will Be Treated
- 4 Ways to get better sleep
- The Secret To Six Pack Abs